Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
and where are those two lovely sensors located

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
and where are those two lovely sensors located
The MAP sensor is on the front of intake. The idle sensor is on the side of the TB. There's a good "how to" for the TB cleaning; I'd start there first. If the MAP sensor has bad or if the truck was having a problem with it, you'd get a CEL. If there's is no CEL, I'd leave it alone.

:)

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i already cleaned my tb using that write up. and thats not that plug that i have to take out to remove the tb is it?

·
The White Collar Redneck
1,807 Posts
If it only happens when you're turning the wheels, I still think it has to do with the power steering system.

If it were sensors, dirty tb, old plugs, wouldn't it manifest itself at times other than when you turn the wheels?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well here is my thought now. my entire power steering system was replaced under warranty a year ago (box pump and all lines). from the new intake that i bought. (airaid). the plug for the vaccume for the engine oil thing has such a tiny hole in it and i just dont think enough air is getting in. there is another place to plug that tube in further downt he intake the the tube isnt long enough to reach it. ill post pics in a sec

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
This is the tube further down that has the large opening.

This is the line thats going into the oil cap. as you can see its kind of pinched

and this is the tiny hole in the intake that the vaccume line going to the oil pump is sucking from. i honestly think its just too small thats why its doing this.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My vote is for bad ps pump......Does the pump wine or change in sound?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.