DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started my truck today to move it across the yard. parked it was working on it and the yard i had radio on listening to music. when i went to start it, it wouldnt. jumped it but still wouldnt start started giving it gas to get it started and it worked. but it still wont idle as soon as i let off the gas it stalls... fuel pump is 4 months old and i was getting plenty of pressure going to test volume tomorrow any suggestions on other stuff that could cause this? thanks guys

·
Registered
262 Posts
Stalling? learn to use a clutch...

Just kidding. I had to do it lol

Jump starting it, and the fuel are completely unrelated.

·
Registered
586 Posts
It sounds like you need a new Idle Air Control Valve, it bolts to the back of the throttle body.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:thatfunny clutch i dont need one of those itll slide into gear if ya redline it.. and its an auto lol.. thats what ive been reading just trying to clear somethings up love this website for that thanks guys

·
Registered
439 Posts
So have you determined if its the battery? If its not the battery blame the IAC valve, also check the connectors on the throttle body also.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah its still dark here im gonna pull a battery i know is goos put it in ym truck see if it runs any better if not i want to take off and clean my throttle body anyways so ill replace the iac.

·
4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes
5,828 Posts
Reading that it's an auto, could be the converter failing also. Make sure the battery is charged also and the charging system working.
The ECU goes cukoo if the battery gets low.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
put anew iac in it which gave me the chance to scrub the butterfly valve.. cuz it was dirty!!! battery was dead so will end up going to go get a new one but it runs good as long as battery is charged lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.