DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just finished fixing the 4wd on my brothers truck, Thanks for your guys help!

Its a 98' 1500 Ram 360 w 183000 miles.

when I went to start it up it started then stalled then I press the throttle down a little and it started again.

later on I was letting it Idle while I put my stuff away and when I went to park it after I put it in gear and started moving it stalled again so I cranked it over and feathered the throttle and it started and stayed running any Idea's whats going on? thanks for your help

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
couple things.
could be the o2 going out. do you see any soot from the exhaust. how old are the sensors.
or vac leak. do you have the CAD system hooked back up correctly. all the check valves are in place?
iac could be hanging up too! just dirty

·
Registered
9,206 Posts
another one-
less than 12v on the battery?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check the fuel pressure, possible fuel pump hose or weak pump. Maybe possible pressure regulator also.
If pressure is bad swap your horn relay with the fuel pump relay. Dodge relays are a pain to troubleshoot, I always carry extra.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies, I talked to my brother today he said it hasn't happened to him in a while. He did say that when it rains or is humid he gets a check engine light but when its dry it goes out.
I was reading on a different tread that it could be moisture related , cap &rotor

I did notice I left the hood popped for 2 days first day it snowed 2 inches next day it melted so could have gotten moisture in the cap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.