DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having this issue more than before now, so I thought I would post it and see if anyone else has the same issue. How it happens usually is in a 3 point turn, or when you shift from drive to reverse back to drive, or just from drive to reverse for me. It won't sputter it just dies. Been trying to figure it out, and I know it needs to go to the dealer, which it will this week on Monday. Wanted to see if anyone's dealt with this issue/and what the fix was.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wish I could help you out. Although there could be several things causing this, my guess would be the computer. Be sure to let us know what the dealer finds out.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I haven't had that happen, but sometimes when i am sitting idle with car in gear (at a stop light) the RPM's will drop VERY low for a sec then pop back up, so I think it's close to what you are having...hasn't died yet..but close

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Black yeah i have had the stalling problems to but it has happened to me while i was making a u-turn. Not very happy with dodge when i took it in and the guy told me i turned the wheel to hard and everything is fine. But i don't know much about the problem if you find out any news please update me on it.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found this in another forum, but it might help those of us who have the issue:

tsb 18-11-05
symptom: engine or RPM undershoot while coming to a stop. this condition may be more prevalent when holding steering wheel against stop or in parking lot maneuvers.
repair: PCM flash

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks black i will do that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Blackcomb said:
Found this in another forum, but it might help those of us who have the issue: tsb 18-11-05
symptom: engine or RPM undershoot while coming to a stop. this condition may be more prevalent when holding steering wheel against stop or in parking lot maneuvers.
repair: PCM flash
Nice that there is a TSB for that...but..
and the guy told me i turned the wheel to hard and everything is fine
..it sure makes you wonder if the service guy had actually /read/ the tsb? He got part of it from the sound of it - did he check the f/w version on the car and just not bother to say anything about it? Just because it's the correct version doesn't mean that everything is swell inside, but I guess expecting 'most' dealer's tech's to understand that is asking a bit much..

Notice that it said "repair: PCM flash" - and nothing about 'geta newer version'. I've run into several guys in the repair business (not just cars either) who have no idea how the computer-controlled stuff works, and aren't interested in learning, either. These are the people with their VCR's flashing '12:00'..

Mike
(now stepping down from the soap-box)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, well if they don't really fix it it will still do it, and it has about 10 times this month. So I'll mention it and see what they do ya know?

·
Registered
164 Posts
I think that there is a flash fix for it. I went to the dealer last week and they did an update to my PCM. I never had the stall happen to me but this may be the fix.

·
Registered
82 Posts
This has happened to me when leaving work several time. Back up, put in Drive, dies. I took it to the dealership and they said, the computer didn't pick up any codes. It actually did the same thing when I had them install my grill. Stalled on the tech that was pulling it up. Same story, nothing in the computer.
Have you had this flash done? DId it take care of the issue? Please let me know so I can go to the dealership and pitch a BTCH.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't done it yet...but that TSB above might be usefull when you walk in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.