DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well what do youall suggest I just installed my crane 216 :rck: And I have stock gears and converter.....Should i get the gears or the stall I dont have alot of money right now due to the holidays so im kinda leaning to the 4:56 gears? :help:

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
From what I understand the 216 really needs a converter to get it out of the hole, I guess it's a bit of a dog below 3000 RPM's. Although I'm not too sure about Heath's above statement, :D I'd do the converter first quickly followed by the gears, because gears ROCK!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hey I had the 216 with a TCI 3000 stall, and that was an awesome combo. My duarang has AWD and 3.55:1 gears. With the AWD "all wheel drive" it would burn the tires a bit. I removed the Crane and installed the Comp 260 because of stalling issues. I went with a lower stall with the comp 260 . I have the 3000 stall for sale in the classified section.

I would go with the converter first, because even with the gears and that cam you will need the the extra stall speed for that cam. The higher stall will put you at the rpms that you will need to be at. Remember that the Crane 216 is more of a mid to upper rpm cam, it will want to spin up quicker.

This is my honest advise coming from my personal experience. I'm not promoting my T/C .

·
LivetoRide
2,733 Posts
<--vote for tc. I want to do one at some point down the line and also plan on keeping my 3.92 gears

·
TRICK TURBO
3,865 Posts
i'm a huge fan of 456's but i'm gonna say TC on this one. you have 275/40 dr's which are nice and short. just gonna have to really heat those ****ers up with a TC. Hows that 216 feel??

·
Registered
542 Posts
I hear that if you go with 4.56 gears then you don't need to do the TC or vice versa?

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Both but you can only do one, with a 216 cam I'd say you need torque converter more than you'd like the gears

·
Registered
251 Posts
The throttle response that you will get with the extra stall speed is worth it. It's like dumping the clutch in a truck with a stick shift when you are taking off.

·
Banned
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess im going with the stall. :D So how much for that TCI?

·
SupermaXX Hemi
840 Posts
Well I love my 4.56 gears i dont have a TC so i dont know what the differance is but I love the gears though. I REALLY LOVE MY GEARS.

·
Registered
251 Posts
LS-WHAT? said:
I guess im going with the stall. :D So how much for that TCI?
I'm selling it for $200.00 plus shipping. My zip code is 33031

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.