DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
there a bitch, if you have a set of torches you can heat them up, and pull with some vice grips, or heat gun with 2 vicegrips and some welding wire, or fishing line i guess

·
Registered
91 Posts
be careful, you might not like what you will find....

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
should just be 3m taped on there

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
GangstaHic
1,253 Posts
its just tape on looks like. I kinda like how your tialgate looked like a custom checkerd flag decal in the pic. but its just the fence. Also be advised it was probly put on to hid rock chips or other damage. be carefull try the smallest peice 1st and see what is hiding.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have personally performed this exercise once...it took 3 days.

00 F250, rockers were about 12" high, they were also suprisingly thick / strong.

May be different of different trucks, rockers, etc.

Ended up with a torch, heat gun, vice grips and lots of time. It was an absolute nightmare! At one point, I drilled a hole in a portion I had pulled off the truck, hooked it to a come-a-long and tried to ratchet it off...hole pulled through. Once I pulled the rocker cover off enough to bend it against the curve of the rocker that is when the trouble started.

I have debadged nearly everything I have ever owned..I would not do rockers again. My paint was fine, needed a good bit of polishing and only had a few uh ohs.

Hope this helps. Before / after attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everyone who has replied to my thread has bascily told me this would be a bitch, but it only took me like half and hour to get them off, didn't even need to use the heat gun, just vice grips and needle nose plyers and a little wire

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.