DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey boys listen to this one You know when guys have desiels they put stacks on them now what about stacks on a 5.9 gas with a super 44 and 7in stacks? the set up wood be the same way as a desiel just 2.5 pipes until you get to the stacks

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i had always thougt about putting on stacks like on the little red express that way you can still use the full bed

·
46re(tarded)
352 Posts
Whenever i can afford a diesel i will put stacks on it as one of the first mod's, however stacks aren't meant for a gasser IMO. You need to be able to throw some black smoke out of those bad boys.

·
Registered
61 Posts
stacks are only cool if you can shoot flames out of them.... not smoke

·
Registered
276 Posts
I say go for it! :)

Most of the heavy trucks back in the 40's, 50's and 60's WERE GAS powered! I think it would be cool! I wonder how it would sound?

I need full use of my bed, so it's not an option for me, but I still think it would look cool! Even a single stack on one side would be cool, b/c some heavy trucks only have a single stack!

Good luck and please post pics of the proccess if you decide to go for it! :)

·
I R SMRAT.
1,622 Posts
Whenever i can afford a diesel i will put stacks on it as one of the first mod's, however stacks aren't meant for a gasser IMO. You need to be able to throw some black smoke out of those bad boys.
Truth.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think this is a great idea, especially the flamethrower idea. If you go extreme enough to go through with this you have to get some fire going!!!!!

:flamer::flamer::flamer::flamer::flamer:​

·
Registered
579 Posts
never seen this done on a dodge gas but i have seen it on two small block chevys and believe it or not an inline 6 ford pick up in all three cases it just looked and sounded wierd as hell. im also not a big fan of cutting holes in my bed.

·
Registered
78 Posts
im not going to lie. thats awesome.:dropjaw:

·
Registered
579 Posts
it is loud but i still say its just wierd on a gas truck and your killing atleast a foot of your bed for that

·
Come Git Some
1,155 Posts
i say there ugly on gas trucks.. there meant (at least i always thought) to be so you dont blow smoke on your trailer/ other cars..

Im all bout functional not just looks..

·
Registered
549 Posts
If I end up gettin the faftermarket Ram iberglass step side bed for my sport, you better believe I'm puttin stacks on my V10. The lil red express had em and they looked perfect, maybe I'll make a "Mean green machine" :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
i say there ugly on gas trucks.. there meant (at least i always thought) to be so you dont blow smoke on your trailer/ other cars..

Im all bout functional not just looks..
Why do you say they look ugly on gas trucks? There would be no difference in the out side visual looks between a gas or diesel truck if they were both 3/4ton trucks. I think they look good on either, and that vid sure sounded good, I just wouldn't do it to my mine, even if it were a diesel.

·
Right-wing nutjob.
371 Posts
I say, if it's what you want to do, do it. Will everybody like it? Probably not. But if you're happy with it who cares? I don't like duals straight out the back on a truck, but I'll never give anyone a hard time about it.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
I saw stacks on an 05 power wagon, which are hemis, and it looked like crap. Only for big diesels IMO

·
Registered
276 Posts
I say, if it's what you want to do, do it. Will everybody like it? Probably not. But if you're happy with it who cares? I don't like duals straight out the back on a truck, but I'll never give anyone a hard time about it.
Agree 100% with your thoughts!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.