DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Slow Rider
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I bought SRW because my wife does not like 5th wheel trailers, and I never thot she would consider one. It is, however, her option to change her mind.

My current truck is paid for, so, rather than replace it, how hard would it be to put DRW on my 4x4 6.7.

Or, is there a 'Super Single' tire with a higher load rating?

If I do this, I was also considering a custom rear deck, with a ramp across the front, to roll a motorcycle onto it, from the side.

We have lots of time to consider options.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You don't need a dually to pull a 5th wheel. I tow our 14,000 LB 38' 5th wheel with the 2500 in my signature and timbrens on the suspension. I have pulled in 30+ MPH cross winds at 65 MPH without problems. Will a dually give you more security feeling, YES.

Make sure you have a good E rated 10 ply tire.

How big of a 5th wheel you plan on pulling and where to?

·
Slow Rider
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You don't need a dually to pull a 5th wheel. I tow our 14,000 LB 38' 5th wheel with the 2500 in my signature and timbrens on the suspension. I have pulled in 30+ MPH cross winds at 65 MPH without problems. Will a dually give you more security feeling, YES.

Make sure you have a good E rated 10 ply tire.

How big of a 5th wheel you plan on pulling and where to?
That is the question I can't answer. Won't be switching out for a while, would really like a toy hauler style 5-ver, but they are just way too overpriced. We have 5 years before we switch, just looking at options.

Our goal, when I get completely retired, is to cover the country, tie down in a certain area, and then use the Harley to explore the back roads and small towns. We may not be real full timers then, but will be out on the road much of the time. Will still have a home in the Northwest, just not the big one.

But you know how those best laid plans go.

·
Labrador Retrievers rule!
1,794 Posts
DRW also gives you more safety if you have a rear puncture/blowout while towing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.