DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
NoMoreMoney
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has the insulation under the hood? I am debating if I want to order it or not. What is the benefit of having it?

·
You've been Hijacked
14,746 Posts
mine doesn't have anything

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,638 Posts
I don't on mine. I think it's more for sound than anything else. We've had -20F this winter and had no problems with the truck. I think it's a waste of money.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Would the insulation protect the paint from too much engine heat, or is that not an issue?

·
9,638 Posts
I don't think it's an issue. The underneath side of my hood is painted silver, and it shows no sign of damage. Save your money.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
On the SRT it also has the Viper name in it. I think it cuts down on noise and gives the hood a finished look. My glass hood is finished underneath and it looks really clean. Heres some pics of the SRT underhood pad.

KB

Attachments

·
9,638 Posts
KB112- That does look nice, but for the money, I still think I'd skip on it. There's too many other mods on my list (if I keep this truck that is).

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
My hood is clear coated on the bottom and looks terrific.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
I don't mean to diss on the stock hoods. By "finished" I mean that mine is all smoothed out and there are no random bolt holes etc in it. ;) I was fine with my stock hood and considered the pad, just to make it look more "complete" and cover the openings etc. The SRT hood is badass, I just got a hell of a deal on my hood is all.

Attachments

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,989 Posts
I'll snap some pics of the underside of my hood. It is definately "finished" and I would be proud to open it at any show.

·
Registered
23,004 Posts
I would be proud to open your hood at a show Bro. :tup: You have a badass truck. I mean no harm in what I'm saying. :D Typed words don't come across the same without the appropriate body language. Besides that I know Dan does some kick ass work from all I have seen. I only wish I was local to him for some paint work.

Kenny

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.