DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From July/August Truck Trend Magazine page 12:"Expect the Dakota to offer a similar package,paralleling the SRT10..." Here we go!!!!!!!!! :rck:

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
the 6.1 HEMI would be a sweet motor to put in the new dak, giving the srt10 a run for it's money

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
If there's an SRT model of the Dakota, it will probably be in '08, and a 5.7-liter Hemi will be the powerplant......

I highly doubt the 6.1 would ever show up in a Dakota. Actually I kinda doubt the 5.7 ever will either. Chrysler engineers have already stated that the Hemi does not fit in the Dakota. I'm not sure I believe that, but I guess it means they aren't planning to offer it anytime soon.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The article said '07. No need for the hemi in this application. There are many ways to make HP.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
While an SRT Dakota would obviously boost its appeal, the skepticism is becoming overwhelming. Talk to anyone on the inside and it seems that its a no go. </shrug> SURE would be nice though.

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
dodge is saying that a lotta re-working would need to be done to fit a hemi into the engine bay, upper control arms would have to be re-shaped and certain sections of the frame would have to be made wider to fit the motor, it's not really cost effective but would certainly be cool to do as a project truck

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
hemi_dakota94 said:
While an SRT Dakota would obviously boost its appeal, the skepticism is becoming overwhelming. Talk to anyone on the inside and it seems that its a no go. </shrug> SURE would be nice though.
I get the feeling that there is really no chance at all of a 3rd Gen Dak SRT. But I haven't heard anything (yet, at least) that would eiliminate the possibility of one down the road a few years when the truck is redesigned again. :)

All we can do is hope!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Who gives a ....if they put the Hemi in?? Juice the 4.7, gear it right and open the computer to horse power / torque and you have a winner. Haven't we all learned there is more hype than performance in the Hemi?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Haven't we all learned there is more hype than performance in the Hemi?
SSSHHHHH.... don't say that so loud.... the Ram guys might overhear you! :thatfunny

You know, I don't race anymore, but I'd love to see how my AWD four-door Dakota with the 4.7-liter H.O. would do against a Hemi Ram. :cool:

·
hot2k1ram
756 Posts
exactly, their power/weight ratio may be close

·
Registered
102 Posts
FreeLantz said:
SSSHHHHH.... don't say that so loud.... the Ram guys might overhear you! :thatfunny

You know, I don't race anymore, but I'd love to see how my AWD four-door Dakota with the 4.7-liter H.O. would do against a Hemi Ram. :cool:
lemme be the first to say the dakota suprises some people...even myself sometimes.

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
hot2k1ram said:
exactly, their power/weight ratio may be close
That's the magic equation! Dodge has always made powerful engines, but they've also made the heaviest vehicles to put them in too. With the exception of the old A bodies, the rest of their cars have always been pigs! I love Dodge products, but I think they need to go on a serious diet!

·
Went to the dark side.
480 Posts
fmdog44 said:
Who gives a ....if they put the Hemi in?? Juice the 4.7, gear it right and open the computer to horse power / torque and you have a winner. Haven't we all learned there is more hype than performance in the Hemi?
I have.... :D

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I dont own a hemi but id kill to have one in my truck or a ram, there is performance there and true potential, to call the 4.7 a performance engine is a joke. I would rather have my tried and true 5.2 jus my 2 cents anyway, pry to wrong place to voice my opinion with all you 3rd gen guys here but yea jus my opinion

·
Registered
15 Posts
6stringer said:
That's the magic equation! Dodge has always made powerful engines, but they've also made the heaviest vehicles to put them in too. With the exception of the old A bodies, the rest of their cars have always been pigs! I love Dodge products, but I think they need to go on a serious diet!
I was suprised to find out my 06 Dak R/T was 1000 lbs heavier than my 99 w/ V6

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.