DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im getting stuck at first i had my mind set on an srt-4 but now im realling starting to get into the durango i mean it was allways between them two but allways the srt-4 but things are changing
HELP ME MAKE MY MIND
:thatfunny :help:

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
wantone said:
Hey guys im getting stuck at first i had my mind set on an srt-4 but now im realling starting to get into the durango i mean it was allways between them two but allways the srt-4 but things are changing
HELP ME MAKE MY MIND
:thatfunny :help:
If your getting stuck, then get 4wd!

At least you can fit in an SRT 4. I sat in one at the dealer a few months back, and I found it rather tight. I like my leg room and more road worthy suspension, especially on those long trips. SRT-4 doesn't come in 4wd either (230hp + canadian winters = summer vehicle only). The only plus is that the SRT-4 has much better overall performance.

·
Registered
67 Posts
DURANGO DURANGO DURANGO and by the way clean your inbox your full i cant send u anymore!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha i just did just loked it up there an 02 or 03 slt plus black with chrome front with 10000 miles i think they want 19 for it the there was a 99 with like 80k on it for 11 black with chrome front im set on the durango no haha

·
Registered
67 Posts
Clean your inbox! :D

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
i have a 2000 4.7 durango for sale. let me know if you're interested. check out my cardomain site for pics. 41,000 miles. 12,100. beats the price the dealer is giving you.

www.cardomain.com/id/cbrenn71

·
Sicker Than All
517 Posts
an srt is still just a neon.

get a durango, they're better.

·
Registered
750 Posts
E6V6I6L said:
an srt is still just a neon.
I have to agree with this statement. A lot of SRT-4 owners like to argue this, but in reality, it looks like a pepped up neon. I've never been a fan of the neon, so I say, go with the Durango. You'll love the V-8 rumble over the I-4 scream.

·
Dodge User
1,213 Posts
Esh said:
I have to agree with this statement. A lot of SRT-4 owners like to argue this, but in reality, it looks like a pepped up neon. I've never been a fan of the neon, so I say, go with the Durango. You'll love the V-8 rumble over the I-4 scream.
other than the fact that a fat durango will get smoked all day everyday by a stock srt-4

·
Registered
750 Posts
I could really care less what could smoke what. A stock Toyota Celica could probably smoke a Durango, but do you really buy a Durango for speed? Stick the 5.9 engine in a car as small as the Neon and then we'll see.

Also, the cops. If you speed around in your little SRT-4, the cops are just looking to pull you over. And that's just what an SRT-4 is for, speeding. I'm not knocking the owners of SRT-4 Neons, I'm just saying, telling me it will smoke a Durango is pointless. On that note, Durango's will smoke SRT-4's in towing capacity and interior room.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha yeah i love the durango i get into moods where one time i want a d then i want the srt4 so idk i got alittle bit to think about it so wel see what happends

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
Durango.......

A much more reliable, better-built vehicle in every capacity.

·
DFFL
1,219 Posts
Its like a apple and a pineapple, you can't really compare them. LOL I mean they are so different.

·
Patriot....
3,375 Posts
if you are looking for an all around, do more of everything vehicle, than the Durango is what you want. If you want a smaller, commuter, city-slot racer type car, go with the SRT-4.

I like the functionality of the Durango over the fun/speed factor of the SRT-4.

·
Certifiable User
284 Posts
Get the Durango it is capable of SOOOOO much more. For instance it doubled as a tent this w/e. The wife and I were the only ones to wake up dry as a bone monday morning...everyone else with us (7 tents worth of adults and kids) were soaked and grumpy come monday morning. Apparently it sux going to bed drunk at 4 am to a clear sky....and being woken up at 6am with high winds and driving rain of which we were totally unaware. We woke up around 9 am to the pitter patter of rain drops on the roof only to look out and see a couple tents on their sides and everyone huddled up in the old trailer we use as a last resort for shelter at our camp ground.
We also have a neon and on a trip 3 years ago to pick up a vehicle for my brother in law at an army depot we tried to sleep in it....No way was that going to happen. That wound up being a long night. From Cincinnati to Louisville to Cincinnati to St Loius (we got there about 2 hours before they opened and had to wait, the plan was to nap a couple hours but that proved undoable in the neon...)back to Louisville then finally back home to Cincinnati. If we had the D then I would have just crashed in the back for the couple hours we had to wait.

PS a 54inch wide air mattress fits perfectly in the back of a D with the seats down :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.