DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted after the initial installation that I wasn't happy and wanted to take it off, especially after Darrel (muffler guy) said it sounded like shit. Then I posted that it sounded better after Darrel put two glass packs in front of the muffler to act as resonators, they reduced to rappy exhaust note by 80-90%. Now today is sounds good! I ordered and had installed two Magnaflow 4" x 14" round mufflers to replace the glass packs and act as resonators. The rappy exhaust note at high rpm's is 99% gone, even Darrel said it sounds GOOD now. I got on it leaving the shop and called Darrel on my cell phone to ask how it sounded. He said it sounded bad ass, this is the same guy who said it sounded like shit before. It now has a very deep tone but is also on the mellow side and not loud at all. Best of all, there's no resonation. Before the resonators were installed, I wouldn't have recommended this to anyone, didn't sound good. Now, I will recommend it!
Jim

·
Registered
72 Posts
You might consider the Magnaflow 30" stainless steel muffler its tame at low RPM's but roars at WOT.

I found it like the early 426 Hemi Muffler that we all used on our street rods to quiet them down a bit.

A pair of them on a SLT10 would really civilize that beast at low RPM's...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.