DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my other post I stated where the muffler was coming off after I was disappointed with the sound.
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54802
However I went to the muffler shop this morning and was there when they opened. I talked to Darrel and told him what the deal was but he already new, he tried not to laugh when I told what my son said but he could tell I was kind of pissed off/ disappointed all in one. I told him what I wanted to do and go with the Dynomax mufflers but he said hold on, let's put it on the rack. He suggested putting a 12" resonator (reversed glass pack) on each inlet pipe to the muffler, he said it would take away 90% of that rappy exhaust sound. Sounded go to me vs having the entire exhaust redone. The existing pipes won't work because the SRT-10 muffler has offset inlets and outlets, they're not even. Well, the rappy exhaust noise is stilll there but it's defintily quieter and doesn't sound as bad as I thought it did. I had Darrel take the truck around the block and jump on it going by the shop, it's there but not very loud at all. It's actually louder in the truck than it is when you here it go by. The exhaust sounds good just driving and when he pulled out of the shop, it sounded pretty close to my neighbors Hemi R/T Magnum. If you've heard one of those, that'll give you an idea of how this muffler sounds. I may take it one step further though and replace the glass pack resonators with two 4" round Magnaflow mufflers. They would do the same thing and be alot better quality. I feel alot better about it now, especially since the rappy sound is quieter and doesn't sound as bad as I thought it did.
Jim

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ram4Pick....Good for you, amigo! Kudos to Darryl for his suggestion as well. By the way, his work is very clean and his welds look exceptional too.

I'm leaning towards the Borla catback system, but not going to do anything until my freakin nationally backordered Nittos come in so I can proceed with those mods.

Rock on my Hemi Brethren!

Zach

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.