DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey Guys! Im new to the site..and i was looking for a srt10 hood for my 04 RC/SB 5.7 and i cannot find one anywhere..my truck is black..and i was wondering where did u guys get urs from and how much? Also..i would looking for a new front bumper..and i really love the look of the srt10 front..anywhere I can get that too? Any help is appreciated..thanks!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man.. i was looking for a price painted tho..

·
Very Niiiice! :)
4,471 Posts
i dont think you will find one that will ship painted, only because if there is any damage to the paint during shipping, it will cause a TON of problems... most companies ship it prime and ready to paint, then you have a local guy paint it with the factory color.

I would also talk to Archor Dodge and see what they have to say (also a sponser) but dont expect anyone to ship one to you already painted, too much of a liability

-David

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
schawks73 said:
i dont think you will find one that will ship painted, only because if there is any damage to the paint during shipping, it will cause a TON of problems... most companies ship it prime and ready to paint, then you have a local guy paint it with the factory color.

I would also talk to Archor Dodge and see what they have to say (also a sponser) but dont expect anyone to ship one to you already painted, too much of a liability

-David

alright thats the answer i was looking for..thanks man!

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
definitely check the sponsors, and keep an eye on the classifieds. One pops up for sale from time to time. BTW welcome....and post some pics of your truck.

·
Dodgezilla
5,719 Posts
I got mine here in the classifieds for an awesome price. I just had to drive 6 hours one way to get it. Well worth it though....

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can get it at your local dealership for $600 primed and if your truck is srt 10 colours you can get one painted off them,not sure how much painted.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think my truck is a srt color..its black..hemi RC/SB..laramie

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just went to my local body shop (that I trust and do business with often since I am an insurance agent) and he ordered one from the dealership at a nice discount since he orders parts from Dodge dealers on a daily basis. He painted and installed it for $200 and it looks awsome on the truck!

My advice would be to check with some local auto body shops and see what they can do.

·
Finally a 5 speed
2,419 Posts
Damn what a deal. Get some pictures if you can.

Joey

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
bbfishin said:
I just went to my local body shop (that I trust and do business with often since I am an insurance agent) and he ordered one from the dealership at a nice discount since he orders parts from Dodge dealers on a daily basis. He painted and installed it for $200 and it looks awsome on the truck!

My advice would be to check with some local auto body shops and see what they can do.
sweet deal....what was your total price?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bbfishin said:

i would also like to know the full price you paid..

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
I got mine from Chris Hersh (user name Hersh)@ Archer Dodge. Send him a PM or give him a call. He had the best price I could find.

·
Registered
90 Posts
quietpeen said:
sweet deal....what was your total price?
Hood itself was $525 before WI tax

Paint $200 cash

so about $725 total

If any of you guys have connections at body shops, I highly recomend you check into them.

Also i'd like to point out that once the hood is shipped sometimes there are minor imperfections from shipping. Make sure you look it over VERY carefully at every light angle to see if there are any minor dents. They are hard to see but are "usually" there when a hood like that is shipped. I had one on mine and the guy said usually there are about 2-3 that need to be taken care of before painting. The one that was on mine was very hard to notice, so if you can, have a prefessional look it over. I would have missed it for sure.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.