DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know where i can get one pretty cheap and how much with paint job? how much have people paid for them straight from the factory with the paint?

·
Registered
595 Posts
If you haven’t considered it, try a junk yard. I picked up mine for $250 at one. It just happened to be black so I didn’t need to have it painted. When I was looking into this, I really never expected to find a hood let alone to find a back one. Local body shops were all going to change about $100 to paint a good.

I know some junk yards have this "network" linking them with other yards. So maybe you can find on pretty easy. Just a thought.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool thanks, do you have a picture of it maybe?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yes and no. I still need to get the film processed. Yes, I still use a 35mm camera. I like the look of 35mm over digital, but that’s just me. As soon as I run though this roll of film I’ll be able to scan and post’em.

Theres so many truck trucks I’ve seen on this board with the SRT-10 hood, mines no different. Only rear difference you’d see is the Buckstop bumper.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anyone else found a cheap way to get an srt-10 hood?

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
LoneStarHemi06 said:
anyone else found a cheap way to get an srt-10 hood?
i got mine for 128 bucks...... but i dont think you want it the way i got mine. LoL

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why how did you get yours?

·
stay tuned . . . .
234 Posts
LoneStarHemi06 said:
why how did you get yours?
wrecked my truck..... insurance paid for a new hood and i upgraded to the srt hoood.......the nice young lady at the dodge body shop gave me all the discounts she could.... called me up and said the deductible plus 128 is alll i owe whenever they finish..... sometime this week.

total price: 628.19

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
thats somehow... the best way to get upgrades, thats how i got the srt-10 wheels. NOW im not recomending u go and crash ur truck :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
think mine was 375.00 from the steelership...

Is this hood ram air on the SRT ram?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Bullcrappy said:
think mine was 375.00 from the steelership...

Is this hood ram air on the SRT ram?
it depends on what u mean by ram air. the vents do have holes in em, so yes, air does get in there, but theres no air bein rammed into the throttle body.

·
Armed QC
951 Posts
You folks in Texas can try Henson motors in Madisonville, about 100 miles north of Houston on 45. They sell them new and can paint them too I'm told. They are cheaper than going to the dealer I got mine when they first came out and paid about $600 for the hood, insert and paint. Up here in the dallas area most of the ones I find in the junk yards are wadded up in a ball.
You can see Henson on ebay sometimes.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
m37boblee said:
You folks in Texas can try Henson motors in Madisonville, about 100 miles north of Houston on 45. They sell them new and can paint them too I'm told. They are cheaper than going to the dealer I got mine when they first came out and paid about $600 for the hood, insert and paint. Up here in the dallas area most of the ones I find in the junk yards are wadded up in a ball.
You can see Henson on ebay sometimes.
well the link i posed in my other post is for henson and after talking to him more i wont be buying through him

it is almost 700.00 for the hood and tax and another 500.00 something to paint so thats like 1200.00 and i still have to drive there and get it

so the search goes on

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
1_ton_mega_cab said:
well the link i posed in my other post is for henson and after talking to him more i wont be buying through him

it is almost 700.00 for the hood and tax and another 500.00 something to paint so thats like 1200.00 and i still have to drive there and get it

so the search goes on

Dude, if you dont mind me asking... Where are you getting it and how much for the hood painted to match? Reason I ask is When I come out to your place to go fishing..... I may have one ready to pick up when i get there.... :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Dskirtech said:
Dude, if you dont mind me asking... Where are you getting it and how much for the hood painted to match? Reason I ask is When I come out to your place to go fishing..... I may have one ready to pick up when i get there.... :D :D :D :D

lol dude are u on crack today read what you just quoted it has all the info you desire lol

the guy i have been talking to has good price( like 550.00) on the hood but i am in the same state so i have to pay tax

and i feel he is raping me on the paint at almost what it cost for ther hood just tp paint it

so i am still searching

·
Armed QC
951 Posts
Henson has a "buy it now" on ebay right now for $575, including the insert. I had mine painted at Maaco for $100, and they installed it.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
m37boblee said:
Henson has a "buy it now" on ebay right now for $575, including the insert. I had mine painted at Maaco for $100, and they installed it.
the price of the hood is great i think but the quote on paint sucked

i think i need to see around here how much they would charge to paint ` hood and go from there

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.