DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speeds up to 15-15mph i get a high pitched squeeky noise. If i go slower the interval at which you can hear it get less and less, im guessing my rotors bent and its hitting the brake pad in one spot. If thats true any quick fixes? Or if im wrong then what else are we looking at here?

P.S. If its the rotors i might as well get aftermarket ones, any opinions?

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
I agree that it may be the rotors. I wouldn't buy new ones if you can have the old one's turned. Have it checked out.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Warped rotor don't normally cause squeaks. A warped rotor will be felt under breaking. You would get a pulsing through the brake pedal and the vehicle may have a slight jerky feel when coming to a slow stop. I'd jack up the front end and turn the wheels by hand to see what you hear. Removing the wheel may allow you to hear a slight rub.

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
will try that :)

·
Spending
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so if the rotor is warped, how much (ballpark) does it cost to get them turned (which i'm assuming straightens them)

·
King Daddy D.O.G!!!
2,475 Posts
MadMike05 said:
so if the rotor is warped, how much (ballpark) does it cost to get them turned (which i'm assuming straightens them)
Getting mine done today at the local brake shop. Stock pads and re-machining of the fronts will be $89.95 and $59.95 for the rear. Since I drive mostly on road to and from work and taxiing the kids around, I'll be sticking with the stock for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.