DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· CHO Farmer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '99 4x4 SLT with the 5.2. Whenever I go over speed bumps my suspension makes a squeeking sound as I go over pretty much anything. SOunds like I need to lubricate something. It's both the front and back. Are there bushings that need to be greased?
What should I use to lubricate whatever is squeeking and where should I apply it? If you have a picture that would be great!

thanks in advance,
-=Scott=-

· Registered
506 Posts
Front Sway Bar bushings, spray some Sea Foam in there, not exactly sure exactly what kind, but search for this topic, it's a commonproblem, I need to do this too.

· 2000 Durango R/T
1,065 Posts
You use "White Lithium" grease - I picked up a can in a local Auto Zone. It's an aerosol can and comes with one of those little red straws like WD-40. You need to jack up your front end to deform the bushings, then shoot a little White Lithium into and around them. This is only a temporary fix - a permanent fix would be to replace them with some poly bushings. There's more info on that in some other threads.

· Registered
662 Posts
Saint said:
Front Sway Bar bushings, spray some Sea Foam in there, not exactly sure exactly what kind, but search for this topic, it's a commonproblem, I need to do this too.
DO NOT USE SEA FOAM!!!! I have already been through this fiasco so i dont wanna see another go through it. Sea Foam is petroleum based, the petroleum breaks down rubber and your bushings are rubber, you do the math. White Lithium grease is what you need. Jack up your front end so you can stick the plastic hose up in the bushings, spray, remember to wipe off excess as it will attract dirt etc....

· CHO Farmer
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info, I will try the lithium grease and see how it works.

-=Scott=-

· Canadian Mopar Man
596 Posts
I was looking into this problem recently for myself and was reading some advice to use motorcycle chain lube from a spray can. It is wax based and will not damage the rubber. Seems to work well.

:ylsuper:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.