DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have encountered a new squeak in my 01 Ram 1500 4x4. When I turn the steering wheel I get this atroshios squeak. It squeaks when I turn the wheel both left and right. At first I thought it was my ball joints. So I grabbed a grease gun and went underneath my truck and looked for as many fittings as possible. But I only found 2 on top of the kingpins. Greased them and still have the squeak.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that all the pivot points on the control arms and ball joints are a some sort of rubber/urethane bushing and ungreasable. Thus I'm just wondering if anyone else has any suggestions as where to look for something else. Would the squeak be from worn out bushings. It doesn't sound or feel like its coming from the steering pump because its now a howl and I've changed the fluid. I want to say I read somewhere that there was a U joint on the steering shaft. I've haven't really looked into it much further. Just wondering if anyone out that has encountered this before.

Thanks Justin

·
Tracker81
74 Posts
The Axle joint on each axle shaft or the hub assembly or something dragging across your rotor

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.