DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been a few threads about this, but it's not exactly my situation...

I have a sound coming from my truck...sounds like it's coming from my front right wheel area. It mainly only happens when there's extra weight in the car, i.e. extra person or some cargo...

I mainly hear it when I'm going over bumps or when I'm turning and I press the gas...like if i"m not moving, the wheel is turned right, and I press the gas and it causes the front of the truck to lift up a little. That should be clear enough? haha. I just want some ideas on what to look for since I'll be installing my drop soon. I'll just switch everything out at once.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
I know there have been a few threads about this, but it's not exactly my situation...

I have a sound coming from my truck...sounds like it's coming from my front right wheel area. It mainly only happens when there's extra weight in the car, i.e. extra person or some cargo...

I mainly hear it when I'm going over bumps or when I'm turning and I press the gas...like if i"m not moving, the wheel is turned right, and I press the gas and it causes the front of the truck to lift up a little. That should be clear enough? haha. I just want some ideas on what to look for since I'll be installing my drop soon. I'll just switch everything out at once.
i had a similar problem also this past weekend. only squeeked when i was accelerating, once i put it in neutral it would stop. not sure what it was, took a long trip and it quit

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the squeaking isn't necessarily due to the acceleration...it's due to the force lifting the front up moving something suspension related...at least that's my guess. I'm thinking a bushing but not sure. I know in my mom's old car, her bushing went bad and it made the noise ALL the time til we changed it. This isn't that bad, unless there's a little more weight in the car. Then it doesn't all the time.

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
the squeaking isn't necessarily due to the acceleration...it's due to the force lifting the front up moving something suspension related...at least that's my guess. I'm thinking a bushing but not sure. I know in my mom's old car, her bushing went bad and it made the noise ALL the time til we changed it. This isn't that bad, unless there's a little more weight in the car. Then it doesn't all the time.
ya i got under the truck and lifted up on the front end and to the best of my knowledge it was coming from the front pass. side shock, put some grease around it and hit the road doesnt do it now

·
SRTs wanna b like me
2,607 Posts
mine a while back was making a squealing almost like a bad brake squealing(wasnt the brakes) and it was only when i hit bumps or accelerated on turns. it turned out to be bad front bearings.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, interesting but it's not really a squealing noise...more of a squeaking noise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.