DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have the flu, and drove to the doctors office today without the radio on because my head hurt. First time its been off in months. I have a squeaking noise coming from somewhere in the brake system I think. It stops when I lightly apply the brakes. My pads are low so it will squeal sometimes when I brake. I also have slightly warped rotors that I have neglected to fix. Any idea what could cause the squeak while moving?

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Loose spare tire under the truck? Mine made a squeaking noise when it was a little loose. Not enough to notice by lookin at it, but if you pushed on it, it was loose.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Maybe not the brake issue,you might just be hearing some noises that are actually not there ?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
ive got a similar prob but its when i apply my brakes. have any of you ever heard of a self adjusting cable strech out to where it make contact with the drum?
do any of your breaks grab or engage befor the others? also you may want to peel off the drums and make shure every thing is in its proper place. right now im haveing issues with my self adjusting cables and my front right calliper grabbing and locking up in the rain have any of you guys had issues like this. sorry for jacking this thread bowhunter. i would say get some new rotors and pads up front and then go from there. O'reilly had front disks for about $26 each and i cant remember how much the pads cost.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Sounds like you rwear indicator is dragging, basicly you need to do your brakes.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like you rwear indicator is dragging, basicly you need to do your brakes.
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner. I dont know why I didnt think of this, blame it on the flu.

Dave, the Rotors were warped beyond being turnable, so thanks for the help.

Everybody else thanks for the help as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.