DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a squeaking Noise on startup and for probably the first 100 feet of driving.

When you start the truck, the engine of course revs up then comes back down, that's when you hear the squeaking. I also hear it when I first take off as the engine revs, but then stops and I don't hear it again until I turn the truck off and let it sit for a little while.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
368 Posts
i change my serpintin belt every 12 months or it squeaks or clicks like bad lifters. mostly when cold out.

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wonder if that could be it...

I got those same clicks too. I thought it was an exhaust leak at first, but it wasn't. And it seems the colder it is, the worse it is.

Thanks!!

I'm do for an oil change and tranny fluid change, I'll get that belt while I'm at it too.

I'm sitting at approximately 70,500 miles. Anything else I should do? At 36,000 miles I changed all the fluids to Mobil1 and changed all the spark plugs.

·
Registered
368 Posts
while u got the belt off spin all the pulleys,idlers,& tensioner by hand to ck for draging.

·
HEMI_KY
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dragging? I'm going to have a buddy of mine help me who is a Cummins mechanic at a dealership, so he should know what that means.

But can't you explain, if possible?

·
Registered
368 Posts
not turning freely

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.