DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is an '03 with 82,000 miles so I expect it to show some signs of age, but it just suddenly went from quiet to squeaking like an old ford. Mainly seems to be the right front wheel area with a little from the left front. I hear it anytime I hit a bump or jump up and down on the nerf bars.

What is most likely to do this? Can I throw some grease or WD40 at it?

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am having the same problem on my 05 gets real bad when you go down a washboard road or one that has alot of pot holes.It's starting to get very irratating!

·
Are we going down?
787 Posts
Had the same problem , squeaking on the front left side. It sounded like I was pulling a rusty old trailer, heard the squeak everytime I hit a bump in the road. Had this annoying sound all summer, then just last week it went away. :werd: I'm thinking I should get it checked out.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Did anyone try adjusting the little plastic bumper knobs under the hood. Sounds crazy I know, but a few guys have thought they had crazy suspension squeaks, and this was the culprit. You just twist them up to make them tighter I think and test it. Chefred showed pics and discussed it in a thread in the sport forum.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Some good lube.

KB

·
Registered
4 Posts
squeak

Did you figure this squeak out yet? If not, check the front stabilizer bar bushings. The front passenger side on my ram was squeaking and I found it to be the stabilizer bar bushing.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope.

No idea what that is.

Sound has change a bit. Wondering if something like a nerf bar or my antenna is loose.

·
Vroom, psssst
3,055 Posts
Has anybody had their leaf springs squeak like crazy? I live on dirt roads and after about a week the WD40 wears off and they squeak like a mother, so i decided to give up and live with the squeak... What would be the best kind of lube to use?

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Not the hood.. . Something in the lower front area towards the axle. Thats all I know of.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.