Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As most of you all know, I bent my harmonic balancer while installing my cam a few weeks back. I took a sledge hammer to it and instead of tapping it in, I was using a weeee bit of force in each swing.

Well, I ordered a new balancer and the correct tool from SPX. $120 later, I have both items along with a new bolt. Tonight I pulled my radiator again and went to install the new balancer and realized that I am in need of a very deep socket to fit the nut on the actual screw.

This poses a question for those of you who have actually used this tool before:

WHAT IN THE HELL DID YOU USE TO SCREW THAT DAMN THING ON!?!!?!?

Thank you :rck:

Also, please post your names if you are interested in this tool after I am finished with it. I will be selling this item for $60 shipped, $10 less than what I purhcased it for.

For those of you who were following my other thread, I had a leaking valve cover. Turns out the gasket ripped and thats what was causing the leak. So now I need a $35 gasket.

·
Banned
3,852 Posts
I didn't post in your other thread but read the whole thing!!!! I'm just glad to see your getting everything ironed out!!!!

Can't help with the topic of the new thread.........LOL!!!!

·
Registered
356 Posts
glad you got the cam sorted out!!

sorry that never came together to help you out tho :(

but it looks like ill take it off your hands...looks like its my time...

·
Inertia ROCKS!!!!
12,164 Posts
All you need is a 1" socket and a breaker bar or long handle ratchet. I just thread it in about 8-10 turns, spin the nut down until it makes contact, and get a 1" socket on the end and crank it on with an old Craftsman ratcheting torque wrench. It will bottom out before it's on all the way, but you can back it out some and crank her down some more. I usually get to within a 1/4" or so and finish it off with an impact and crank bolt.

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apologize, but I have no idea what you guys just said, lol!

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
It's like Sam said.
You turn the treaded shaft to pull it on, not the nut.
The nut and bearing act as an adjustable collar. When you turn the shaft the nut should rotate with the shaft, the shaft screws into the crank and pulls the HB on. After 3/4 or an inch or so unscrew the shaft the same amount you went in, then spin the nut & bearing down against the HB and start over pulling it in further with the shaft.

It's real simple, just very counter intuitive to the way it's looks like it would work

·
Goodbye My Love . . .
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I did was use 15 washers and a huge frigging socket wrench. The washers cost me $15. I can either return them and get my money back or someone can buy them with the tool. It makes life alot easier!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.