DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya'll do any of you know if a person could get their hands on a spray can of touch up paint in the yellow that comes on the Neon SXT's? my wife just got home from work and told me she had a minor accident so I went and looked at the rear bumber and it wasn't cracked or dented but has about 8" long scratches of blue paint on it and I don't want to have to have the whole bumper repainted just for this area

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Check out Paintscratch.com I've never used them personally, but I've heard of people who have been happy with their products.

·
Registered
224 Posts
TunerNeon said:
Hey ya'll do any of you know if a person could get their hands on a spray can of touch up paint in the yellow that comes on the Neon SXT's? my wife just got home from work and told me she had a minor accident so I went and looked at the rear bumber and it wasn't cracked or dented but has about 8" long scratches of blue paint on it and I don't want to have to have the whole bumper repainted just for this area
If the scratches aren't deep (run your fingernail over them, if you can feel the scratch, reach for the paint!) you may be able to buff them out...same with the blue paint chips...I know I backed into my mom's Volvo when I had my blue Civic...I had silver streaks from my mom's paint all over my back bumper...waxed over them several times and it came right out....

If you need the spraypaint, I know there is a place online that sells direct paint matches in a spraycan, not a jar. I can't think of the site off the top of my head, but just put "factory touch up paint" into a search engine and you should find something...

2Hottie

·
Wreck Em Tech
509 Posts
Meguiars makes this stuff called ScratchX that will probably take off the marks. I've used it at work to take off minor paint scuffs from accidents.

·
Registered
224 Posts
KellerSS/T said:
Meguiars makes this stuff called ScratchX that will probably take off the marks. I've used it at work to take off minor paint scuffs from accidents.
That stuff actually works quite well..

2Hottie

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Scratches are deep enough you can tell so just scraping the blue paint off and buffing it might not work, but I will try that before I have to order the touch up paint

·
Registered
238 Posts
Tuner, get some 800 or 1000 grit wet or dry sandpaper after you've removed all the foriegn paint you can. Fill a bucket with somw water and wet the paper and a rag. Drench the rag and hold it just above where you are working and squeeze enough to keep the paper lubricated as you sand. Don't sand with your fingers but use light to medium pressure from the heel of your hand or use a rubber sanding block. When the area looks good use polishing compound to rub it out by hand.
Of course I would try the above method first but this before painting. Only paint if you go through the existing paint.

I just painted the side of my 95 and had to sand it and buff it. Only because I had some previous coat lift up under the final coatsin one area. Now you can't even tell.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Scratch X has a catch to it...it works quite well, but the same rule of thumb applies: if you can feel the scratch with your fingernail, then you can't buff the scratch out...

2Hottie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey TurnerNeon, try going to your local Auto parts store that mixes paint, and ask them if they can mix the exact paint and put it in a spray can. A lot of places do this now. Hope this helps. Gary

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I am gonna try to get it fixed this Firday, I will keep ya'll posted

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.