DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not a good day. I was on my way home from a job when a spray bomb in the back seat of my truck started to spray. I stopped the truck opened the back door grabbed the can and through it out in the street. As I through it out I got some on the box and rim. I now have a black and YELLOW interior, and a yellow strip ( unwanted ) down the side of my truck.:VHOT:

Since then I used Wash and Wipe to get it off the painted parts on my truck. I tried it on the plastic door skins and vinyl but it fades it. I was able to get it out of the carpet with some stuff I bought at Wallmart called GOT STAIN. I had to scrub hard but it did a great job.

I am hoping that someone on here can help me get it off my plastic / vinyl interior. :help:

Sorry I can't post any pic my camera is broken.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Try some Goof Off. They even have Goof Off 2, which is supposed to be safer on plastics.

·
Registered
435 Posts
x2

·
Great View
1,048 Posts
Depends on what kind of paint it was, If it was enamel, the solvents in the paint would melt into the plastic and can't be saved, if it was a latex, you have a good chance to save it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys I will get some on my way home today.

It is a solvant based paint for stripping lines on asphalt. I have been able to remove some with my fingernail but that will take forever.

I'll keep you posted.

·
Site Administrator
22,963 Posts
Yikes that sucks! I removed some over spray on someones car door panels with paint reducer.. Just test if first as it may fade the plastic.. But it didn't with her car. So you might be ok. It's much stronger than goof off if that doesn't work.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I haven't tried this but if you can scrape some with your fingernail maybe one of those Mr. Clean magic Erasers would work.

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
I haven't tried this but if you can scrape some with your fingernail maybe one of those Mr. Clean magic Erasers would work.
Or a tooth brush?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
I would apply the Goof Off with a Q tip or tooth brush though. Its kinda strong, so you might want to test it on the plastic first. Some where that isnt really seen.

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
Did it come off?

·
Registered
4,228 Posts

·
Rollin On 4:56's
1,835 Posts
here is what you want: i tried every(and i mean EVERY) cleaner on the store shelves to clean the leather in my wife's 03 accord. absoleutely nothing worked, then i went to my local b-shop supply and they handed me a free(lucky me because i'm on a great&friendly basis with them) bottle of this stuff. holy crap! this stuff made the 4yr caked on, embedded, discolored garbage look as though it never exsisted!!! this is the only stuff i will use to clean my vinyl&leather. i kid you not, it will solve all your problems. the wifes leather looks like showroom. i tell ya what i'll do, i will take a pic when she comes home to do a before&after shot. i need to do an area on her door anyways.

Attachments

·
1,835 Posts

·
Registered
4,228 Posts
here is what you want: i tried every(and i mean EVERY) cleaner on the store shelves to clean the leather in my wife's 03 accord. absoleutely nothing worked, then i went to my local b-shop supply and they handed me a free(lucky me because i'm on a great&friendly basis with them) bottle of this stuff. holy crap! this stuff made the 4yr caked on, embedded, discolored garbage look as though it never exsisted!!! this is the only stuff i will use to clean my vinyl&leather. i kid you not, it will solve all your problems. the wifes leather looks like showroom. i tell ya what i'll do, i will take a pic when she comes home to do a before&after shot. i need to do an area on her door anyways.
Have you sprayed that stuff on the dash? It says it penetrates deep... Any cracks yet?

·
1,835 Posts
yup, used it on my dash and it did not harm it in anyway. i do all my vinyl in the truck every 2 months with it. immediately after that, i use a conditioner(meguiars) on everything. when i spray it, i don't let it lay that long(maybe 15 secs).

·
Registered
133 Posts
I was washing girlfriends HHR and seen some paint on the front bumper,She had pulled to far forward and Hit the Swing :~( I scrubed the devil out of it with soapy water and it didn't even bother it LOL

I thought about the 3M tar and adhesive remover and went and got it,i had used it on several things that got on the side of my truck and this stuff works best of any I've ever used!

I sprayed it on the paint and before i could even start to wipe the Paint started to run down,3M is clear coat safe so i would think it would be fine to use,
Just try some on a small area I'm sure it will be fine and if something is gonna take that paint off 3M will.

with 3m you should be able to just spray and wipe no harsh Rubbing!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I Bought some GOOF OFF 2 and it works pretty good. I put it on with a rag and keep it wet for about 10 min then brush it off with a nylon brush. It is a little work but it is coming off. As for the seats I am using automotive paint thinner.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.