DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would i be able to spray i stock 08 ram 5.7 with just a 100 shot no problem?

i will only spray once in a blue moon and im going to have the nitrous an to a button that im going to press after about 3k.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Always be prepared for the worst case senerio while spraying...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not even a big shot thats the thing, i just looked at it and its a 75 shot. I know its a dry kit but its so small.

i dont see anyone using a dry kit. Is that fine?

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
Do not use a dry kit with your truck. I wouldn't even use a wet kit without a wideband as Daytona Hemi stated.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
like does anyone know the techincal reason as to why it wont work. Does the maf not read it right and it doesnt throw the proper amount of fuel?

·
Boost, you say!?
1,304 Posts
There is no MAF, that's the problem. With the factory speed/density programming, fuel needs to be added via software changes or more commonly with extra fuel injectors (wet kit).

·
duh
47 Posts
dry kit dosnt add fuel.. you need a wet kit meaning fuel and N2O added to your regular fuel supply or your gonna run to lean meaning not enough fuel and you will cau sever engine damage running lean. if you follow the zex,NX or any factory jet sizing chart for the wet kits with a wideband air-fuel gauge you will see they are set to run at a slighty richer ratio then 14.7 which is the air-fuel ratio for the most power and you will need to change your stock plugs to a colder plug when running nos due to the higher cylinder temps it will produce. and dont let your bottle get above 1200 psi you might lock up a selinod and not get a shot off at all and be forced to purge to reduce the pressuse.
hope this helps ya out a bit

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
wow. i never knew that. thank you. im so use to my ls1 that i didnt take the time to look under the hood of the truck. i appreciate it

·
Kfed
1,401 Posts
just run a wet system. if you have the kit already just buy a fuel solenoid and your set. wiring it all up is simple as can be. check for fuel leaks. and i recommend not connecting the N2o line right away to the solenoid have a friend hold it for you and go crack open the bottle for a second to make sure there isnt any crap hanging in the lines that could hurts your solenoid or worse go into the motor. And def get a wideband. it is the best insurance mod you will buy. and colder plugs are a must. I got a nice set of plugs that i melted last year do to me forgetting to change to colder ones. any other questions ask.

Ow and your small shot isnt gonna stay small once u spray for the first time. your gonna wanna see how much faster it can go

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just run a wet system. if you have the kit already just buy a fuel solenoid and your set. wiring it all up is simple as can be. check for fuel leaks. and i recommend not connecting the N2o line right away to the solenoid have a friend hold it for you and go crack open the bottle for a second to make sure there isnt any crap hanging in the lines that could hurts your solenoid or worse go into the motor. And def get a wideband. it is the best insurance mod you will buy. and colder plugs are a must. I got a nice set of plugs that i melted last year do to me forgetting to change to colder ones. any other questions ask.

Ow and your small shot isnt gonna stay small once u spray for the first time. your gonna wanna see how much faster it can go
lol, since im making it wet im just going to up the jets to 100 at least.

how much does a wide band run?

·
Kfed
1,401 Posts
there a few hundred bucks i believe. then u gotta get the bung welded in and its basically plug and play.

·
1,965 Posts
A wideband isn't going to do you much good if you don't have a way to tune the truck. All it will let you know is your running too lean or too rich. Which is good for safetly purposes but if you bought every saftey feature out there for nitrous you could be just as fast or faster on motor in your truck. With a 100 wet shot on a stock truck you will be fine many others have done it. Just get colder plugs,bottle heater pressure guage and purge if you want to be extra safe there is alot of other stuff you can get just do some research. Like fuel pressure saftey switch, window switch etc..Make sure your running 93 octane as well. Also look up what size jets the hemi needs. They vary from car to car and different brands of nitrous systems.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.