DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this belong to a DT member?

First saw him while sitting at the light heading north on 202 at Rt1. He was sitting in the Rt1 N left turning lane waiting for the light. We were about 10 cars back. I wasn't sure if it was a PW at first, but going by it, I saw the winch. I waived. After that, we were both stuck in slow traffic. I wanted to pull over and get his attention, but we were in a hurry to get somewhere.

I think I also saw the same truck in Granite Run Mall in Media, PA.

If you are a DT member, PM me, please.

·
..::MOOSE::..
1,580 Posts
Does this belong to a DT member?

First saw him while sitting at the light heading north on 202 at Rt1. He was sitting in the Rt1 N left turning lane waiting for the light. We were about 10 cars back. I wasn't sure if it was a PW at first, but going by it, I saw the winch. I waived. After that, we were both stuck in slow traffic. I wanted to pull over and get his attention, but we were in a hurry to get somewhere.

I think I also saw the same truck in Granite Run Mall in Media, PA.

If you are a DT member, PM me, please.
Seen him before in many occasions, is this the one with the srt hood (2005 M/Y)?

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Seen him before in many occasions, is this the one with the srt hood (2005 M/Y)?
It didn't look like an SRT hood. It looked like a factory hood. Then again, I'm not sure now. From a distance, it first looked like a slightly lifted Ram, but who would "slightly" lift a truck? Trying to focus on it, the flares sure looked like one. I was with a friend who said, no, that's not one. I said, I don't know, sure looks like one. Going through the intersection after the light turned green, I was morem focusing on driving in tight traffic doing 50, so I just tried to turn my head to glance real quick and focus on if it had a winch ow not, which it did.

·
..::MOOSE::..
1,580 Posts
It didn't look like an SRT hood. It looked like a factory hood. Then again, I'm not sure now. From a distance, it first looked like a slightly lifted Ram, but who would "slightly" lift a truck? Trying to focus on it, the flares sure looked like one. I was with a friend who said, no, that's not one. I said, I don't know, sure looks like one. Going through the intersection after the light turned green, I was morem focusing on driving in tight traffic doing 50, so I just tried to turn my head to glance real quick and focus on if it had a winch ow not, which it did.
OK well there are 3 others that I know of, a red QC 2005, a red QC 2005 with srt hood, and a black QC 2006 with red pin stripe and chrome bed rails.

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK well there are 3 others that I know of, a red QC 2005, a red QC 2005 with srt hood, and a black QC 2006 with red pin stripe and chrome bed rails.
Pin stripe? I won't ask. :D So the red QC w/o the hood may have been the one I saw. Come to think of it, thinking back on the way the headlights looked, it may have been an 05.

I wanted to pull over to let him catch up, but we were in a huge hurry. Now I wish I had. Oh well.

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Pin stripe? I won't ask. :D So the red QC w/o the hood may have been the one I saw. Come to think of it, thinking back on the way the headlights looked, it may have been an 05.

I wanted to pull over to let him catch up, but we were in a huge hurry. Now I wish I had. Oh well.
delete:

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stalker! LOL! I saw that in the email notification. I checked the site first, and you edited it.

I'll hide behind a tree next time and jump out! LOL!

·
Code Red
2,612 Posts
Heheh.. I've stalked other PWs. I've chased down most of the ones here in ABQ. I chased down RGory here on DT who was driving through from Chicago one time. I even pulled a u-turn on a divided freeway pulling a 3,000 lbs popup to chase down a PW that I finally caught up to at a gas station while driving through Colorado. LOL

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
I have stopped a few PW owners that I have seen before in a praking lot and asked them if they are on DT. They usualyy have no idea that these truck have a niche following. Usually based on their trucks condition I quickly realize that they have never been down a dirt road much really off roading. Unfortunately most of the PW that I run across don't use their truck for the purpose that it was intended. They just liked the way it looked parked next to a 2500 with 265's on it. The same goes for most Rubicon owners. We have an 07 Wrangler Unlimited and although ti doesn't get wheeled very hard yet it is still more scratched up than most of the freshly waxed Rubicons that we come across. There are 2 Rubicon owners at the gym that I go to. 1 of them is oned by a 60 year old guy with a handicap sticker in the window. He removed the factory rock rails and put on some cheesy steps. I asked him why did that and he said that it was too hard to get into and wondered if I knew of a way to lower it a few inches.:ugh I then asked him why he payed all of the extra coin for Rubicon and he siad that he had his $25k Chrysler buyout vehicle voucher and through another $5k into the dealer since he liked the wheels and tires better on the Rubicon than on the Sahara. So the guy is driveing around in a Jeep with 4.10 gears, selectable lockers, sway bar disconnect, and a 4to1 transfer case because he liked the wheels. The other Rubicon owner at the gym is a 25 year old girl who added about $2k worth of chrome junk straight from the dealer accessory catalog because she said that she wanted the baddest Jeep that she could get. I nodded and walked away.

I am sure that there are a ton of PW owners that did the same thing as I have seen some pretty ugly and useless things done to them. I find it interesting that some of these guys will pay $750-$1000 for something like an SRT hood, remove the rockrails for some chrome steps, put a cheesy brush guard on them and all of the other things that can be mounted with double stick tape. And then follow that up with a question to me like "how can I get some better mileage with this truck". A few wanted to put 3.73 gears and smaller tires on them as well. I tell most of them to pull all of the crap off of the truck and sell it for good money and then go buy a Dakota if they still think that they need a truck.

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have stopped a few PW owners that I have seen before in a praking lot and asked them if they are on DT. They usualyy have no idea that these truck have a niche following. Usually based on their trucks condition I quickly realize that they have never been down a dirt road much really off roading. Unfortunately most of the PW that I run across don't use their truck for the purpose that it was intended. They just liked the way it looked parked next to a 2500 with 265's on it. The same goes for most Rubicon owners. We have an 07 Wrangler Unlimited and although ti doesn't get wheeled very hard yet it is still more scratched up than most of the freshly waxed Rubicons that we come across. There are 2 Rubicon owners at the gym that I go to. 1 of them is oned by a 60 year old guy with a handicap sticker in the window. He removed the factory rock rails and put on some cheesy steps. I asked him why did that and he said that it was too hard to get into and wondered if I knew of a way to lower it a few inches.:ugh I then asked him why he payed all of the extra coin for Rubicon and he siad that he had his $25k Chrysler buyout vehicle voucher and through another $5k into the dealer since he liked the wheels and tires better on the Rubicon than on the Sahara. So the guy is driveing around in a Jeep with 4.10 gears, selectable lockers, sway bar disconnect, and a 4to1 transfer case because he liked the wheels. The other Rubicon owner at the gym is a 25 year old girl who added about $2k worth of chrome junk straight from the dealer accessory catalog because she said that she wanted the baddest Jeep that she could get. I nodded and walked away.

I am sure that there are a ton of PW owners that did the same thing as I have seen some pretty ugly and useless things done to them. I find it interesting that some of these guys will pay $750-$1000 for something like an SRT hood, remove the rockrails for some chrome steps, put a cheesy brush guard on them and all of the other things that can be mounted with double stick tape. And then follow that up with a question to me like "how can I get some better mileage with this truck". A few wanted to put 3.73 gears and smaller tires on them as well. I tell most of them to pull all of the crap off of the truck and sell it for good money and then go buy a Dakota if they still think that they need a truck.
Yea, it is amazing what you find out there regarding buyers and specialty vehicles. They have no idea what they bought and what they have, other than it "looked cool" at the time. :ugh

People look at my truck on the road or parking lots, and I can see in their eyes whether they understand it or not. Most times I get a "nice truck," which I just thank them. One guy said, "nice rig," which indicated he is a wheeler. I asked if he wheels, and he said yes, he had a custom TJ (I think), and takes it occassionally at various places, but he really liked my truck. He never really saw a PW up close. That is the exception to the rule, especially the area I live in, since it's more suburban than open country area. I went out to Lancaster, PA. That is west of my area going towards mid-state. That's where we were going when I saw that red PW. It's more of an Amish community. I saw quite a few offroad vehicles. Hmm, maybe I'm in the wrong location and should go out there more often and see what's around to go wheeling that's not advertised. Lot's of hills and small mountains in that area.

Maybe I'll find and stalk some PWs out there, too! LOL! :D

·
Moab Tested
7,252 Posts
Stalker! LOL! I saw that in the email notification. I checked the site first, and you edited it.

I'll hide behind a tree next time and jump out! LOL!
OK, this is what I deleted. LOL :D
STALKER! :D

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Don't Follow Me....
1,646 Posts
Rusty's one to talk about STALKING!! haha He almost stalked me in PA, but decided better of it....lol :thatfunny Guess almost doesn't quite cut it... :D

I have thought many times about looking for a Chrome Question mark that matches the POWER WAGON font for the rear tailgate. People would read it and say "POWER WAGON ?" Ha ha Maybe it would get them thinking about it.....:IDEA:

By the way....I'm looking for a SILVER '05 QC just like mine in the Winchester, VA area..........Seen him once and a buddy of mine has seen him too.

·
Power Wagon Winch Mob
3,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Heheh.. I've stalked other PWs. I've chased down most of the ones here in ABQ. I chased down RGory here on DT who was driving through from Chicago one time. I even pulled a u-turn on a divided freeway pulling a 3,000 lbs popup to chase down a PW that I finally caught up to at a gas station while driving through Colorado. LOL
Shit, that's definitely determination! LOL!! At least you caught up with him. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts