DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mr. Mad
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this as already been answered, many times.. Sorry for any inconveniences. :) I have a plain Jane '98 Ram 4x4 SLT 5.2. I was wondering if possible, if it's even legal, to completely switch to a Sport version. You know, from regular Ram to sport Ram! The pre '99 one, with the painted crome bumper. The mechanics and engine stuff can stay, but anything exterior would be converted, from decals to the bumpers, etc. Any tips or guidance to another thread would be greatly appreciated. Thankya :)

Attachments

·
Senór Member
17,169 Posts
no difference on the pre 99 SLT and Sport bumper...just that eh sport one is painted...so if you can find a wrecked sport truck, buy the front and rear bumpers and slap em on....

·
Registered
236 Posts
You could use a good adhesion promoter and paint right over the chrome and plastic no problem.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I am sort of doing the same thing. Im painting my factory stuff to color match my truck. I looked into a new sport bumper and they were 300 bucks or more, far from worth that money, but anyways I was under the assumption they had diff mounting brackets from research I had done. I really havent any idea if that is correct or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.