DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an oem srt-10 spoiler. I got it used and it didnt come with any instructions for install. I am a bit baffeled on what to do. I have asked a few people, but have not really been able to understand what they were saying. People have told me a need to drill a hole, but i have no idea where. I dont really see what really holds the spoiler down.

Has anyone done this before, and can provide step by step instructions? Pictures would be a great help as well. This would really be a life saver for me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
40 Posts
I will take some pictures of mine and send them to you tonight. My spoiler is attached in the middle of the cover, but I still may be able to help you out. Do me a favor and shoot me an email at [email protected] so I can send them straight to you later tonight.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
step one: pick up
step two: throw off cliff
step three: enjoy your wonderful truck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
698 Posts
Mine came with 4 screw type things, they thread into the spoiler, but are pointed on the ends. Maybe, you can get them at your hardware store? Anyways used those to mark the 4 points on my bed rails by pressing down on the spoiler where I wanted the spoiler to be. It makes 4 dimples. Drill there. If you need further help, I'll look for my instructions, I think I kept them. Otherwise do a search on ebay for an SRT-10 spoiler, ask the seller a question, and just ask for instructions, say you never got any, maybe they'll mail you the install parts??? Hope this helps you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
03ramsport said:
step one: pick up
step two: throw off cliff
step three: enjoy your wonderful truck.
ouch...that one hurts....sadly i fail to see your attempt at humor..
so keep working on it, but dont quit your day job, unless its in comedy... :thatfunny
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
moparram03 said:
Mine came with 4 screw type things, they thread into the spoiler, but are pointed on the ends. Maybe, you can get them at your hardware store? Anyways used those to mark the 4 points on my bed rails by pressing down on the spoiler where I wanted the spoiler to be. It makes 4 dimples. Drill there. If you need further help, I'll look for my instructions, I think I kept them. Otherwise do a search on ebay for an SRT-10 spoiler, ask the seller a question, and just ask for instructions, say you never got any, maybe they'll mail you the install parts??? Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the help. The screws that came with it, once you drilled into the bed, how did you get them to screw up into the spoiler from below. I dont see how you get in from beneath if you know what i mean? Also what about the screws in the back that seam to be on sliders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
moparram03 said:
Does your spoiler have 4 threaded holes in the bottom? If so, that's what the screws will thread into once you drill holes.
Yes it has 4 threaded holes, but how do the screws come threw the bed railing? How do you get them in there to come up threw the bed railing into the spoiler? Also what about the sliding screws on the end? Here is a picture of another spoiler, but looks just like mine with what i am refering to.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
ThunderRoadHemi said:
I dont really see what really holds the spoiler down.


Send it to me. I'll have it shortened to fit my tonneau and I'll send you step by step instructions with pics of the install. Then you can get yourself a spoiler and throw it right on. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BLACKWOLF said:
Send it to me. I'll have it shortened to fit my tonneau and I'll send you step by step instructions with pics of the install. Then you can get yourself a spoiler and throw it right on. :)
sounds like a fair deal...what is your address and i will get it up there right away... :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,005 Posts
Try asking this question in the srt10 forum Bro. The guys there should be able to help you out first hand. Especially milo55. He's a really cool guy and I bet could answer your question for you.

KB
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top