DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a topper on my '07 1500 HEMI. They had to remove the spoiler. I do not want to have a shop fill and paint (to expensive). What have you done to plug the holes?

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
They make a tailgate topper/ cap, deezee I think should have one as will others. Typically 3M tape to apply.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Or you just buy these black plastic plugs for it. Same things the Chevy crowd has had to use for years. You might see if a shop will colormatch them for you, then it won't be so noticeable. The bolt holes are down so far, I don't think a tailgate cap will cover them up. But I may be wrong.

KB

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Look at the first post in this thread. Dave posted pictures of his truck with his new tonneau cover on. The tailgate spoiler is removed and the plug caps in the holes. Thats an awful long ways down from the top of the tailgate for a cap to cover the holes. Not saying none are out there tall enough, but its gotta be a tall ass gate cap.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177160&highlight=tonneau

KB

·
bubba
1,563 Posts
you could either do the plast caps or carriage bolts you could sand the heads and color match them with touch up paint prolly a 15 dollar mod

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.