DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the going rate to get a speedo recalibrated? I went to one of my local dealerships and they quoted me $95 is this a good price? Does anyone know where I could get it cheaper? You guys help is very appreciated. DT

· Registered
2,632 Posts
id just get a superchips and kill two birds with one stone.

· Registered
22,981 Posts
I have heard anything from free, to 1/2 hr or 1hr labor charge. Depends on the dealerships. A few guys have even been friendly with some of the techs and they did it for them on their lunch break for like $20.

KB

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KB112 said:
I have heard anything from free, to 1/2 hr or 1hr labor charge. Depends on the dealerships. A few guys have even been friendly with some of the techs and they did it for them on their lunch break for like $20.

KB
WHAT? free! man where can I find that deal or maybe even the 1/2 or 1 hr labor charge. Im callinga couple other dealrships tomorrow and getting their quotes.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DannyMK2 said:
id just get a superchips and kill two birds with one stone.
Is there a Superchips available for the 4.7? I thought it was only available for the Hemi. :cool:

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I knew this Dodge dealership on AIRWAY was a rip off but now they have gone to a new level. But I guess they gotta make money :tdwn:

· Registered
22,981 Posts
Maybe you can get an SCT tuner, they are like $500 but allow you to do truly custom tuning. There are a few guys that got theirs now in the performance section.

KB

· 2012 Texas Ram Express
4,203 Posts
dealership charged me $27.00 to do mine.

· Registered
1,353 Posts
dangit, I just asked last weekend and they quoted me $46.00

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you guys are awsome thanks for your input. :cool: Dang $27, $46 thats more like it. One would think that if your a repeat customer that would try and help you out. In the past couple months I have received better service from other dealerships (where I havent purchased a truck) than from this one where I have purchased 2 trucks and 1 car from in the past 4 years. DICK POE you get 2 :tdwn: :tdwn: from me. No more of my business from me.

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
KB112 said:
Maybe you can get an SCT tuner, they are like $500 but allow you to do truly custom tuning. There are a few guys that got theirs now in the performance section.

KB
last night I was reading that thread but I dont really want to spend $500 thanks for your input. you guys :rck:

· Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
UPDATE. Well I got my speedo recalibrated today by a different dodge dealership and it only cost me $40 and 20 minutes :) :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.