Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DEAR MOLDIE OLDIE VAN OWNERS,
As many of us know our ancient warriors that we are so proud of, often as they age, the speedometer cable has worn out, broke, or one of various other reasons, you no longer see your speed registering on your dash.
FOLKS the best news of all is I FOUND a Catalog, AND Company who STILL MAKES our hard to locate Speedometer Cables...... And just an aside they make them for a wide range of other vehicles. anyway here is the link to their website to verify what you may need............. http://www.pioneerautoinc.com/catalogs/ then click on their powertrain catalog, speedometer cables start around page 328. I was able to purchase one for my 1986 B350 at OReilly Auto Parts, just had to come from the local warehouse but was in my hand next day.
Drive Safely ya'll

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ah good news. I just bought what was purported to be the last speedo cable for an 86 van in Dodge's system. A Dodge place in Texas had it and I had them ship it here to Georgia.

Oddly enough, the Dodge place that gave me the number for the Texas place, said I could get the cable at O'Reilly's. So I went there and the counter person said he had no listing and couldn't get the cable.

So anyone looking for a Dodge speedometer cable don't go to O'Reilly's on North Henry Boulevard in Stockbridge, Georgia.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Slant,
You may need to come visit this ole Dodge lady one day Just down 85 from ya, I got so much info, it aint funny. My Oreilly's down here in Thomaston, have been wonderful about parts for my OLE LADY.........86 Wagon, 350 , with a 360 4Bbl on top, they had a fuel pump, the speedo cable since I need the 41 inch due to cruise on it, the NON cruise cable is like 74 inches?? they had calipers ON THE SHELF, along with pads, but they ordered in Rotors for me, 8 lug, I mean it seems MY store, is well acclimated to our old Vans, cant even begin to really list what all I have bought for her to FIX her so she will be roadable soon. Am looking online NOW for a source for 8 lug, 16.5 x6.75 rims, would like to replace at least 2, 4 if price is right.
Maybe ya might want to find or use a slightly older or more knowledgeable clerk at your OReilly's ????
enough for now
Just looked at the Map, shoot if yours is a pain, run over and hop on US 19 and come down to Mine in Thomaston

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi everyone.

Getting around to replacing my speedometer cable. This is the longer one that runs from the trans to the speed sensor.

And here's a question. Why does my van have a speed sensor if it doesn't have cruise control?

After pretty much destroying the end of the old cable getting it out of the speed sensor, I find that the s-s is crusty and hard to turn. That could have contributed to the lower cable breaking.

I'm going to see if I can get a new one easily. Hopefully it won't have to come from Texas...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike, Find your part needed in the link I provided, then hit your OReilly's again, have em look it up via P#, you'd be amazed what a lil ole part # does to an idiot behind the counter. Am Looking up right now for the full length Part #, I do suspect Mike that your van MAY have had Cruise at one time, it quit working and was easier to " turn it off " than fix it. CA-3056 is the long Cable for the w/o cruise Mike. GL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.