DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to bite the bullet and replace the factory speakers and add a amp. I have found a 2 way component 6x9 for the front and 6 1/2 2 way for the rear doors. The speakers are CDT brand and a 75w x4 Eclisp amp. I plan on placing the tweeter on the A pillar. How will this sound without a sub? I listen to rock and alternative. Options anyone?

·
Registered
123 Posts
just a heads up but the rear door is a 5-1/4" on the 3rd gen trucks.

CDT are very good speakers and should definitely give you a good result.

Placing the tweeters in the a-pillar is a very common spot and in our trucks we get good imaging without having to do much more.

I don't know how happy you will be with the bass from a 6x9, but if you need more you can always add a sub later, or you can swap the door speakers for something larger.

With some minor modifications you can get an 8" woofer in there and that might give you what you're looking for.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
6 1/2 works in the rear doors.

·
Registered
123 Posts
6 1/2 works in the rear doors.
all depends on the speaker.

I can go outside and take a picture of this 6-1/2" I have and my rear door to prove not all fit.

Was trying to get it in there without modding anything this afternoon but it won't clear by 1/4". So I either have to make a spacer or do some cutting if I want that speaker in there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
yessir

Specs: Model CL-69CX
2-way 6X9" component system

Parrish,

I just noticed on the cdt website they have a 6x9 subwoofer...might be worth looking into

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could I put 6.5" subs in the rear doors and use the component 6x9 2 ways in the front doors, would that sound better? If I do that would I need a higher watt amp to run the subs? Sorry about all the questions, just want to do this once.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Personally I would use an amplifier to get the best results.

As far as the speaker questions, everyone has their own taste. The best way is to listen yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.