DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HELP!!!!! Does anyone know the color code for the factory speakers? We are trying to replace them and someone clipped all the wires.LOL :) It is a 1997 ram 1500

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Welcome to DT! Do you have a club cab or reg. cab? I did a little search on here and found the wiring colors for a 98 Ram 1500 Club Cab. Should be the same if you have a club cab too I would think. Here they are:

LF+=DARK GREEN
LF- =BROWN/RED
RF+=PURPLE
RF- =DARK BLUE/RED
LR+=BROWN/YELLOW
LR- =BROWN/LIGHT BLUE
RR+=DARK BLUE/WHITE
RR- =DARK BLUE/ORANGE

·
Registered
413 Posts
RaeLynnS1 said:
HELP!!!!! Does anyone know the color code for the factory speakers? We are trying to replace them and someone clipped all the wires.LOL :) It is a 1997 ram 1500
here you are

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, But what I need are what the different colors go to. Ex. There are 6 wires. I have never seen anything like this. the wires are coming off so kind of bass filter. The colors are white and light blue are on one of the sets of prongs and black and green are on the other set. Red wire and gray have no clue.Thanks, Rae :help:

·
Registered
75 Posts
guessing infinity system from the factory??

·
Registered
75 Posts
too many wires, let me look I might have the color codes

·
Registered
413 Posts
give me the last 8 digits of your vin, and I will look up exactly the diagram for your truck radio, as long as that is what came in it.
bob

·
Registered
413 Posts
here is your build sheet on your truck. click on it to make it larger. I didn't tell much about your radio set up other than radio w/cassette and infinity speakers. I think someone else added to your system. The only thing I can find for you would be the wire colors for the connector on the back of the radio itself, it is determined by the connector color, black or gray.

Attachments

·
Registered
333 Posts
gray bear ....where did you get the build sheet...i would like to get one myself?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.