DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got some infinity 6x9s from the ram system and decided to put them in my truck, seemed a little louder and cleared. then took a trip 2 days later from install and turned the radio up a little too loud and now the drivers speaker dosen't work. let it set that night then next day the speaker worked the barely turned the volume up and it stopped working. then i switch to the old 6x9s and they both work with the key turned backwards but when turned up to volume 24 the drivers one stops working, if i turn the radio off then on it works but when turned up again it shuts off. when i start the vehicle the speaker doen't work at all.
any ideas on what is wrong i talked to another guy and the truck is under warranty so he just said get a new radio for it. i just don't know why the radio is the problem when i just replaced the speakers, i was thinking about upgrading to aftermarket speakers, but if factory higher grade speakers do this i don't know what aftermarker speakers will do.
sorry this is very long by the way.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Just a quick question, are you sure when you put the speakers in that you made sure the metal "tabs" on the back of the speaker weren't touching the metal cutout for the speaker itself? I had an issue very similar to yours in my old car, and found out the tabs were touching the door and causing it to short/cut out. Maybe a loose connection somewhere too?

·
Boomer Sooners
669 Posts
i had the same problem when i passed 20. i took it to the dealership and they told me it was the deck. i swithched speakers from door to door then i switched the deck and sure enough no more problems. i had the 6 disk changer no i have just the single disk w aux input. i think it sounds better

·
Premium Member
30,924 Posts
I blew my front speaker during a ZZTop song and I didn't have it up very loud. The OEM speaker are junk.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
OEM speakers are junk even the infinity system isn't very good.

·
Boom goes the dynamite
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just to let everyone know, i fixed the problem, i warrantyed out the radio and put it in and everything works fine now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.