DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the max size speakers i can fit in my 2005 1500. Looking to replace all of them and add the dash speakers. Crutchfield says 3 1/2 for dash, 5 1/4 behind seats and 6 1/2 in the doors. Is This right or can i fit bigger?

·
Admin - David Mack
30,924 Posts
whats the max size speakers i can fit in my 2005 1500. Looking to replace all of them and add the dash speakers. Crutchfield says 3 1/2 for dash, 5 1/4 behind seats and 6 1/2 in the doors. Is This right or can i fit bigger?
The Crutchfield site is pretty good about sizing stuff. I've never had a problem with them.

:imo

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
Crutchfield has no clue. Front doors are 6x9. Rear doors are 5 1/4, but 6 1/2 will fit as well.
Looks like they have it right to me... perhaps you have no clue?:teacher:

From their site:
Front speakers

Dash: 3-1/2"
Front Door: 6x9"
Rear speakers

Rear Door: 6-1/2" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

While a 6 1/2" speaker is the largest you can fit with the factory holes, there are a number of 6 3/4" speakers that will fit with very minor tweaking. That being said, if you are going through Cruthfield I wouldn't go bigger than a 6 1/2, because they will send you all of the brackets and things you need to do a proper install for free.

·
Got 2 Hemis
5,042 Posts
Looks like they have it right to me... perhaps you have no clue?:teacher:

From their site:
Front speakers

Dash: 3-1/2"
Front Door: 6x9"
Rear speakers

Rear Door: 6-1/2" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.

While a 6 1/2" speaker is the largest you can fit with the factory holes, there are a number of 6 3/4" speakers that will fit with very minor tweaking. That being said, if you are going through Cruthfield I wouldn't go bigger than a 6 1/2, because they will send you all of the brackets and things you need to do a proper install for free.
Or perhaps they actually looked. For years they showed 6 1/2 for the front doors. Maybe you should read it more often.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yea I've change mine before- no doubt the CORRECT sizes are 6x9 in front- 5 1/4 in the rear

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
Or perhaps they actually looked. For years they showed 6 1/2 for the front doors. Maybe you should read it more often.
:thatfunny No need to get all worked up! Just saying that they have it right and have every time I've ever checked on any vehicle I've ever owned. Throwing out a blanket statement that they're always wrong doesn't help anyone, especially when they're always (in all of my experiences) dead on. I'll try and remember to constantly check the site for the speaker sizes that I already know... my bad. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.