DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to upgrade the sound system in my truck and I was wondering what would be the best speaker sizes to go with? 6x9's in the back with 6x9's in the door? Would that sound good? I really dont know what to go with.. give me some feedback.

Thank you,
-Jason

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
do you want to do something custom, like component speakers? Or, keep everything factory?

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm looking to do something custom.. I want to get the best sound out of whatever I get..

·
Hemi Power
2,017 Posts
I'm not familiar with your truck, so not sure what to recommend specifically. You should check out CDT speakers, though.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
6.5 inch speakers can be used to replace your 6 X 9's (with a plate type adaptor made out of MDF)

Go to a local shop and listen to different ones till you find the ones you like best and can afford........I like Diamond Audio stuff........JL Audio is good too

·
Hummer Recovery Vehicle
6,250 Posts
diamond audio, jl, alpine....all good brands as far as sound quality is concerned. if you're looking for something to pound your doors off look towards subs such as xxx's, brahma's, or mojo's. even my two L5 solo barics sound really good. Alpine type x's are good quality subs. Check out my thread about fiberglassing, may give you some ideas on custom enclosures.

·
GenII Dakota
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, what I was really asking was is their a certain combonation that sounds good.. liek all 6x9s or 6x9s and 6.5s.. tweet power.. Highs mids... that kind of thing.. could anyone do some work on my door panels and have then colored to match my factory color?

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
I replaced mine with stock sizes, 3 ways up front and 2 ways in the rear, they sound great! You'll want to amp 'em though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.