DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced the factory Infinity rear speakers in my truck because they sounded like they were playing through two pillows!
The new speakers sounded great in the store but sound like they are playing through one pillow in my truck!
Are the rear speakers in a Dodge just there for filler or do they serve a purpose?
If you fade the speakers to full front at a volume of 20 ,then fade to full rear the volume is about one quarter of the front.Its almost like there is a resistor soaking up the power to the rear speakers.
I have a JVC CD player installed by Bestbuy that replaced a Kenwood.
Is this normal or do you have to go to a sub for decent sound in the back?
Thanks

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
My rear speakers sound bad also. I think it has to do with how the speakers are mounted in the rear door. You also can't expect to much from a 5 1/4" speaker. I would also say get an amp and sub if you want real good sound.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just get a good headunit in my opinion, the speakers will handle it, the main problem as far as I know is the amp.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,704 Posts
what spkrs are you using? and did you install yourself? if you did it ur self did you take the dust sheet out of the spkr screen on the door? my favs are the infinity, eclipse, and the pioneers if you want crisp clear sound.

·
Registered
333 Posts
hey.....just thought i might add that the factory infinity 5 1/4" speakers are self-applified and most if not all aftermarket speakers of that size aren't self applified. To get them louder u would need to add an amp or a bigger head unit would help also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.