DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Kenneth Robert
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Infinity system in my truck. I'm getting a little rattle in the front door speakers, they actually sound like subs....they hit hard, sound great. Apparently they sound so great I have a surround getting loose, because I love hard hitting music. No hip hop for me.....mostly done probably from some Black Label Society.

Anywho, Crutchfield says the front door speakers are 6x9's? Is that right? They seem to hit to hard to be 6x9's, but what the hell do i know.

Anyone have the Infinity system and replaced any speakers on it?

Yeah, i know....I need a fox box. I have a Fosgate Punch 4 x 20 that is 10 years old and I'm gonna get that in there soon and bridge it to two 10's. The punch is bridgeable to sick ohms and kicks hard.....used to have two JL AUDIO 8's hooked up to it in my old Nissan 240. Perfect for a metal head like myself.

Are the front doors really 6x9'S?

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
The front door speakers are 6x9's and only receive low signals. Some guys have upgraded and added the 6" woofer from a component set in there. A 2 or 3 way 6x9" will not be fully utilized, since it will only receive low frequencies.

KB

·
Registered
167 Posts
That rattle could be because of an bad install set-up from the factory. Mine was just replaced on a non-recall bitch session at my dealer!
Dodge has an "insulation kit" available free of charge if you ask for it....they won't give it to you.

It's one of those things that if you have the problem they will fix it but don't want to do a full recall.

I don't have the Infinity system but I now have an aftermarket head unit with amps, subs and all the whistles and the repair is holding up so far.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.