DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
definately decided to go with the spartan cam. getting an email tune. should i still get it dynoed after to check A/F or anything else ? ive seen what the cam can do so its not a big deal, but about how much HP and TRQ does it typically add ?

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
I'm not sure how much HP/TQ the Spartan adds, But I would defiantly Run some logs on the Dyno for your tuner......

·
Had 392.. Now.. LS2 GTO!!
4,362 Posts
spartan cam only with a car stock manifolds with a cat back and CAI with a tune made 40rwhp and 30ft/lbs to the wheels.. peak tq was like 4000-4500 i and peak hp was 5800?

·
Pb Pes
155 Posts
If you are going to a dyno, you might as well get a full one on one CMR to tweak that e-tune, than you will have your max HP/TQ out put.
Good luck and congrats on the new mods!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
40hp and 30 lb ft of trq at the wheels sounds good. with my long tube headers i should be able to hit that. im going to be looking into big valve heads and an SRT8 intake later in the year to take full advantage of the cam.

·
Meet Hemi!!
5,728 Posts
spartan cam only with a car stock manifolds with a cat back and CAI with a tune made 40rwhp and 30ft/lbs to the wheels.. peak tq was like 4000-4500 i and peak hp was 5800?
I would say that's a good # to start with. My 260 made that much and this is a lot more cam. Good luck. Who's doing the install?

·
Garaged
4,323 Posts
Congrats on the SPARTAN CAM!!!!! I have one sitting in my garage about to go in my wifes 08 Charger. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the congrats. i will probably end up putting one in my wifes 300C next year also. getting her a diablo tuner when i buy mine. and 50rwhp and 40 rwtrq sounds even better, lol.

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
hey good luck man!!!! i cant wait to install my new heads an cam, but its too cold for me to do it here lol

·
Registered
778 Posts
do i need to use the 6.1 pushrods too, or just the springs ?
im pretty sure you'll need the pushrods too but talk to stu about maybe some custom push rods that will get rid of any ticking you may have or get.

·
1,965 Posts

·
Stroke THIS
931 Posts
im personally doing all new lifters when i do my heads an cam. figure why not spend the extra 200 bux an have it all new

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
do i need to use the 6.1 pushrods too, or just the springs ?
Depending on the lift of your cam, you may have to buy a set of pushrods's from Stu. I think they're like $200? If your cam lift is within reason, you can get by with stock 6.1 pushrods for cheap.

·
Registered
5,680 Posts
i will ask him about the pushrods before i order my cam so i can get everything at one time
If your cam has lift under .560" lift, 6.1 pushrod's will work just fine. When you start talking about .580" or higher, hopefully you have the rpm to make full use of it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.