DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im doing research on some "high performance" spark plugs. E3, NGK, and pulsestar pulse plugs are the 3 that stand out the most. E3 has just a different style electrode design, NGK is made of iridium and the pulsestar make 20,000x the spark of a regular plug. NGK doesnt stand out as much as pulsestar and E3 in performance gains, NGK seems to jus last alot longer. but E3 is claiming the same thing that pulsestar does. has anyone had any experience with either of them, btw pulsestar is the plug that costs $25 a plug ...

·
Platinum 2K R/T
4,054 Posts
I'd stick with regular NGK or Autolite plugs for a few bucks...or go with copper core for around $2 a piece. The pulse-star plugs have a built in capacitor which enables it to discharge a powerful spark. My concern with pulse-star plugs would be burning through the pistons due to the extreme heat; not to mention the 318/360 engines don't have knock sensors.

I've been running NGK V-Power plugs in my 360 and they perform just as well as $2 champion copper plugs which I run in nearly everything, but thought I'd try NGK for a change. I change them out every 25K for best performance. I'd never pay $10, let alone $25 for a spark plug! A possible 1-3hp gain isn't worth the cost.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i hae ngk iridiums wit the msd , there sweet should have them for a while and work good with msd

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was also concerned with the damage that those pulstars can possibly do to an engine with the extreme heat they probably create. i think im going to try those E3 plugs with my truck, its a 98 2500 V10 ram. for right now im just gonna stick some MSD wires and the E3 plugs until i can find some nice upgrades for the ignition.

has anyone tried the E3 plugs ?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
e3 i wouldent man , at least put champs in, or ngk v power is good too cheaper than the iridiums.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
stick with ngk. no other way to beat the price and value. best plug ive run since the old champion truck plug.

·
Beware the Underbite!!!
6,705 Posts
i use the champion truck series plugs...4433 is the part number at www.sparkplugs.com

·
work in progress
1,709 Posts
i have been running the splitfires for several years and think there great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.