DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to upgrade the plugs and wires when I do a tune up this oil change. Im going with 7.5mm or 8.5mm wires and want the optimum plug for these wires. Im leaving the ignition coil and stuff alone, just need to tune her up and want the best bang for the buck :help: everyones 2 cents is appreciated! BTW its 2002 5.9L gas engine with 90,000 miles and obviously a lot of highway miles...never seen the mud

·
Registered
994 Posts
autolite 3923. cheap at less than $2.00 @ and they run great. you can also go with the 5923 (i think) if you are in a colder climate.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I'm running 3923s and MSD 8.5 mm wires.
I was having a problem with crossfiring (induction) with the 7mm wires.
May have something to do with the Blaster 2 coil I am using, I think the 7mm wires may have been too small for it.
But since I upgraded to 8.5mm wires, runs smooth as glass.
If you go with the 7.5mm wires pick up about 10 feet of convolute (flex conduit) and insulate every other wire. This will keep the wires insulated enough to prevent induction.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im doin the autolite 3923s, msd 8mm from Summit, fram tough guard air and oil filters, and either valvoline max life or mobil 1 syn, and a fram pcv valve...about $200

·
Mmmmmmmmm, beer.
2,485 Posts
I run Mopar Performance wires, 7.5mm. When/if I go to a MSD ignition, I will likely run 8.5mm MSD or Taylor wires.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you dont ahve the crossfiring (induction) problem like chizzle1 stated above? his might be, like he said, becuase of the aftermarket blaster coil...mine is stock and will probably stay that way

·
Registered
89 Posts
some years ago with my then 92 318 magnum, iput ac rapid fire plugs in. after about two days the truck started running rough. i took it to the dealer and he told me to get rid of the ac plugs. he said the computer was set to the cheapest champion plugs. he recomended i go to autozone and buy the chepest champion plugs for that vehicle. i went to autozone, bought the plugs, installed them, and the truck never ran so good. smoth as silk. i don't know about the newer engines. just thought i'd give you my experience to work from. good luck !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.