DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spark knock

3K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  dearjhn 
#1 ·
So heres my problem:

Since the weather has turned cold I have been getting valve noise that I think is spark knock. I am currently running stock tune with CAI. I have tried running 93 octane fuel and doesn't seems to make a difference. The spark knock occurs at low rpms under load and seems to get better as the day heats up. My truck is a 2004 RCSB 5.7L, I would be grateful foe any Ideas .

#2 ·
I'm grappling with something similar right now, and seafoam seems to have helped it a little bit. I haven't put any in the crankcase yet, but I threw a can in a full gas tank and about 1/3 a can in the vacuum line and it helped. I plan on adding some to the crankcase when I get closer to needing an oil change.

#4 ·
if you pull a plug let us know how it's condition looks like..

#5 ·
Sure will, I will probably tackle it this weekend. Should be fun. I am gonna replace with the champion plugs, Oriley says its recommended to use the champion platinum for the exhaust spark plug is this correct?

#6 ·
Do not use platinums, stick with stock coppers for all of them or Ngk coppers, our engines don't like plats

#7 ·
I put a set of e3's in my 06 hemi and got a little better mileage, like 3 or 4 mpg i think. down side is that 16 e3s will set you back a Benjamin.

#9 ·
I'd like to see what they look like when you change them out. Do you know someone with a bore scope? A look inside could be helpful as well.

:)

#10 ·
No I do not have a bore scope, but if the plugs look bad i will probably just pull the head. I will post picks of the plugs when i get them out. Just to let you guys know i am running stock tune, truck seems to be running great, just seems to sound like a diesel sometimes.:ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.