DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 1979 Power Wagon W150, A few years ago I took the spare tire out from under the bed. I am attaching some pictures of it. I would like to put it back in but it's been so long any hardware I had is long gone. Does anybody have any idea of the size bolts I need or any specs or pictures I can work from. I would appreciate it. I searched everywhere and this forum is the only place I even found a picture of it.
mount100.JPG

·
Registered
Dodge 78 Macho 41K
15 Posts
I have a 78 with the mount all ready laying on the garage floor, no it's not for sale. What information might I be able to supply? You may send a message.

Macho driver in North Dakota

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 78 with the mount all ready laying on the garage floor, no it's not for sale. What information might I be able to supply? You may send a message.

Macho driver in North Dakota
I need to know about the mounting hardware, all I have is the bracket, what else, like nuts, bolts, hooks. or anything else I would need. thanks

·
Registered
Dodge 78 Macho 41K
15 Posts
I need to know about the mounting hardware, all I have is the bracket, what else, like nuts, bolts, hooks. or anything else I would need. thanks
The carrier bracket is 45 inches long, about 3 inches wide, mounting bolt 1/2 by 8 1/2 inches long. It is mounded on from the frame rear of the drivers tire to behind the leaf spring mount on the passengers side. The other mounting bolt has a hook to go into the frame, is 1/2 inch about 8 1/2 inches long, end of hook to end of threaded end. Seems I recall the offset short end of the hanger and hook bolt was located on the left side rear, by the exhaust pipe. I have tried to attach three picture. Let me know
whole rack.JPG
Hanger Hook.JPG

·
Registered
885 Posts
If you don't find the old parts, you can install a more modern wire hoist type (with a plate that goes through the center hub and a "crank tube" that runs to the rear bumper). Not original but works fine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks WD but with the picture Machonodak posted I think I could fabricate the original parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts