DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday afternoon I was driving to a barbecue and was doing nothing much more than cruising down the road to my destination. I came to a stop in the right lane at a stop light on my route, and a bright red sport QC pulls up in the left lane next to me. I was sitting there for a minute, listening to my tunes (Metallica of course--who else is worthy?), when the QC starts inching forward toward the light. I notice it out of the corner of my eye, and turn my head to look and see if he is challenging me, but I can't see the driver because his windows are tinted too dark. So I looked away and didn't give it a second thought.

The light then turns green, and I hear this roaring sound coming from the left side of my truck (it sounded like an aftermarket exhaust). It's the red QC, and he has floored it in an attempt to race me and my truck. I responded in turn by easing quite steadily into my accelerator (I didn't want to take the chance of spinning the wheels by punching it because he already had a jump on me, and I didn't want to give hime anymore of an advantage).

My truck came to life almost as if it was anticipating this moment and by the time we reached the other side of the intersection I was already a truck length ahead of him and still gaining distance between the two of us.

He gave up (or so I thought) and I started to slow down a bit because I was coming up on another stop light. Again, he pulls up next to me and this time give me a little rev, then he starts inching his truck toward the light as he did in our previous race. I thought, "Okay, if he didn't learn the first time, then I'll give him the lesson again." So I turned off the air conditioning and the overdrive, and place my left foot on the brake and my right on the accelerator.

This time when the light turned green, I was more than ready to give him a whoopin'. When it finally changed, I punched it and got a little spin out of the tires, but I recovered quickly enough to hand the QC another definitive defeat.

After the second race, I signaled and then pulled into the left lane way in front of the QC. I watched in my rearview mirror as he pulled into my former lane and proceeded to the stoplight that I had already reached. I suspected he wanted a third go-round, so I got ready to go.

I looked over at him expecting to see him inching forward again, but all I saw was him making a right turn onto the road where the inersection was loacated.

It was pretty fun, but I didnt realize how fun it was until I got to work on Sunday night (I work the grave shift). As soon as get to the squadron and sit down in roll call, I hear somebody yell "A$$hole!" from one of the seats behind me.

I looked around to who it was, and I discovered that it was none other than one of my co-workers who never had anything good to say about the HEMI engines. He said that he liked the Dodges, but thought that the HEMI's were worthless, and he vocalized these thoughts quite often when I was around.

I asked him afterward why he called me an a$$hole in the middle of roll call, and he explained to me that he had bought a red 04 1500 Sport QC with the 4.7L on Friday. He went on to explain that by the time he saw me on Saturday afternoon, he was ready to return it for a HEMI version because I had spanked him so bad.

I said, "That'll teach ya to talk sh#t!" :cool:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
sweet dude

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Sounds like a non-believer in the old pushrod engine design. Too bad NASCAR still uses naturally aspirated pushrod engines no bigger then 358 CC's and are putting down 750+ horses.

·
Cass_A_Nova
1,258 Posts
That sounds like a whole lot of fun. and there is nothing bettger then beating a friend.

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
99_R/T said:
...and there is nothing bettger then beating a friend.
Yep, because then you can rub it in his face when he tries to talk smack! :D

·
Unregistered User
3,491 Posts
Well that guy was an idiot. I have a 4.7L and know who I can and can't beat. Obviously, I can't beat an identical truck with 100HP more.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
dodgeneonACR98 said:
How About An Amen Followed By A Hell Yeah!
you said it all right there by the way bro nice kill

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lassenloop said:
Well that guy was an idiot. I have a 4.7L and know who I can and can't beat. Obviously, I can't beat an identical truck with 100HP more.
What is even worse is that it was not an identical truck to mine, my truck is a regular cab with 17" wheels, and his is a quad with 20's.

·
HEMI Power
993 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adodgeman4life said:
...by the way bro nice kill
Thanks man. :tup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.