DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any luck finding a 1 piece, smooth finish front bumper cover for a '99 Caravan Sport in the aftermarket or had any luck with junkyards over the internet? I've checked with virtually every boneyard here in CT and the only aftermarket ones I've found on the 'net/eBay are 2 piece with the textured finish on the lower half for the '96-'98. I'm sure I could make one of those fit but I really like the look of the Sport's smooth, 1 piece fascia.

If worse comes to worse, I suppose I could whip out the pop-rivet gun and a couple pieces of sheetmetal to reinforce the cracks and just buy a bra for it but I'd really like to do it right since it's the wife's ride/kids' taxi. I'd even be willing to buy a ground-effects type one if I could find one under $500.

FYI-5 mph bumpers will not withstand a 3 mph impact if the temp is under 10 degrees. I had an uninsured, inner-city resident roll back into me when his car stalled on a hill at a stop light this past winter when the temps were hovering in the 5-10 degree range and put a split right up both sides. Now that it hangs down lower it's gotten hung up on a couple curbs and is just getting worse. The wife is really complaining about the duct tape now so I guess it's time to fix it but I'd imagine it's a thousand dollar job at a body shop.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you could offer.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks BG. They make a nice looking kit and in reality the rear bumper cover could really stand to be replaced also so I could kill 2 birds with one stone. Choking up $1300 is another matter though :) But the only OEM (junkyard) cover I've found so far for a Sport is $450+shipping in Alabama so in that context 1300 doesn't look quite as bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.