DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think the next modding done to my truck will first be brakes/rotors, and then some kinda intake, prolly ramhammer. then i think its time to finally get a wideband 02, then a bigger cam, tuner to tune it, maybe an e-fan. does this sound like a pretty good order of mods, i don't really have money, so ill be scrounging by on whatever i can find, and heads are way outta the question. so on a budget, does this sound good?

· Registered
28,764 Posts
When I first started, I bought a set of hedman headers, y-pipe, used superchips, and a used intake for about $800 total, and those mods were good enough for a 13.99. If you look around you will find the deals to get you where you want on a budget.

As for your list of mods...many guys are selling used cams because they are going with custom grinds...this is a great way for you to pick up a nice cam for cheap. Also, you can get a Mark VIII fan on ebay for about $50 shipped and have a complete e-fan setup for less than $100. That is where I would start and go from there.

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well thanks guys for the input. does the mark viii fan require a lot of trimming and all to fit, and what else do i need with the fan, like an fk60 controller and stuff? also, i'm aware that i could prolly get a cam for cheap from the classifieds, but i think if i am gonna do another cam swap in this truck its going to be a one time deal, to something like a custom grind

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
interesting. and you've never had any overheating issues? i make long trips to my house and back to college every 3 weekends or so, thats why im asking. 2hrs or more each way

· Registered
28,764 Posts
RAMbo26 said:
interesting. and you've never had any overheating issues? i make long trips to my house and back to college every 3 weekends or so, thats why im asking. 2hrs or more each way
I used to make the drive from Houston to Dallas (4 hours each way) at least once a month and never had a problem...even in HOT Texas summer heat.

· Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
awesome. thats what i like to hear. so just the fan, controller, anything else i need? wait, should i just check the install threads on like htc or what not

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.