DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded a sound clip of my exhaust the other day. The quality isn't good at all but it's the best I could get with this piece of junk computer I have. It was recorded from outside the truck.
The exhaust that is on my truck in the recording is; no cats, flowmaster 50 series SUV dual in single out Muffler and headers. The headers didn't make any difference in sound.
Let me know if you can or can't open it and how you think it sounds. I'll try to get a better recording of it.

Attachments

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Cant open it

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
i think it sounds great i like it better than mine might have to change mine or just knock the baffels out

·
Got Horsepower?
182 Posts
Sounds good. How loud is it inside the truck with the motor lugged down under a load?

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys.
It's not too loud inside the truck under a load. If you have the stereo on you can't really hear it. It's the loudest around 2,700 RPM. I usually have my windows down just a crack so it sounds louder to me. I'll try to get a sound clip while driving it with the windows up. I will have to buy a recorder first so it will probably be a while.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi , new to sight, i have a very similar truck, gibson headers, 50 series flowmaster, no cats, jet chip stage 1, re-routed air pump to air cleaner, mileage increased from 8.7 mpg tops around town to 11.5mpg around town, i think on a longer drive it will do better. I have also taken off the 90 degree turn box at the end of my intake and put a funnel scoop on it so that it picks up direct air outside. Better performance, i am also looking into water/alchohol injection, anyone done that? Thanks, Dale..

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also re-routed my air pump hose into my air cleaner. That didn't make any difference in performance. I removed the hose and my times at the track were slightly better, but the temp was also a little cooler.
Do you like the jet stage 1? Is it worth it?
Glad to see another V10 join the site.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The reroute didn't make much of a difference like i thought it would, guess it's not all that much airflow. As far as the chip, I did not notice a big increase or difference in anything directly from it, probably not worth the money, i have heard that the tuners do well, (more so at higher speeds, not really at take off), but that was on a ford. I was looking for something to help out my throttle response, it doesn't seem to be so great. I do like the flowmaster though, i definitley would recommend that to anyone that hasn't done it. Magnaflow didn't work too well on my v10 ford van. Have you found any benifit to moving the IAT sensor? Thanks for any input, Dale.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Nice sound!

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Hemi Pete
I haven't re located my IAT yet as soon as I make my CAI I will. Do you have pics of yours?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
well thats good to hear about the chip was going to try that but mabye i will try the tuner nothing wrong with high speeds :ylsuper:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The cai that I made is not a "true one", just some different things i was experimenting with. It is similar but the filter is still at the original spot, so from what i have seen it is not a true one, i did go ahead and relocate my IAT however, I believe that it will be very helpful during all the hot driving around town stuff. My truck seemed to run much better in the cool mornings, so i am hoping that with the relocate, ,it will run that way all day! Sorry about the milead on the cai!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey guys new to site i like what i see. you guys with v10's did any of you
that has removed or hollowed out your cat did any of you have any codes
to do with the cat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
cat removal

to do with the cat?

·
Registered
240 Posts
hey does anyone have pics of the IAT relocation operation? or mabe just the final result? planning on doin it.

·
EPA's Worst Nightmare
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
BLACKV10 said:
to do with the cat?
The V10's are not OBDII compliant. Meaning they do not have a rear o2 sensor, so you would never set a code.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
98QuadCabV10 said:
The V10's are not OBDII compliant. Meaning they do not have a rear o2 sensor, so you would never set a code.
same thing i was goign to say i gutted mine and never had a problem

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.