DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok NEED some help. Today I was installing my bullydog on my 05 3500. All was going well I had it hooked up and pwered up and everything looked good. Went to final step of drilling and tapping egt probe . POST TURBO. wired it up and started vehicle up. NOW my MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP. is on. The bullydog is suppose to have a menu for trouble codes but it does not come up I have tried removing the dog and have it all back to stock and the lamp is still on.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

thanks
Codes are P0237 / 0238 / 069
37/38 i think has something to do with turbo charger boost sensor "a" circuit low and the othe is circuit high

?????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok I have an update. I can get the light to come off when I disconnect the pro, as soon as I wire it back up the light comes on. HELP anyone ??

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
That is really weird, putting in a pyro shouldn't affect anything. Were are you getting your power for it from? Mine is pre-turbo, but still a pyro causing a light is something i've never heard of. Also the Bullydog does display trouble codes, can't rememeber which options to get there, but it will bring them up. My only though is the pyro is messing with some other wiring maybe hooked up wrong?

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ok NEED some help. Today I was installing my bullydog on my 05 3500. All was going well I had it hooked up and pwered up and everything looked good. Went to final step of drilling and tapping egt probe . POST TURBO. wired it up and started vehicle up. NOW my MALFUNCTION INDICATOR LAMP. is on. The bullydog is suppose to have a menu for trouble codes but it does not come up I have tried removing the dog and have it all back to stock and the lamp is still on.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

thanks
Codes are P0237 / 0238 / 069
37/38 i think has something to do with turbo charger boost sensor "a" circuit low and the othe is circuit high

?????

Off topic, why did your put your temp probe post turbo?

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Agreed, I think it is where you are getting your power from that is causing the problem.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well
Here is an update. Not to impressed with the tech support. They suggested switching the mode from 05 dodge with other to 05 dodge with triple. I will try that. The other thing was to remove the edge and try just the bully and see what happens

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did not mean to skip your qusetion. Just did not want to get into a debate of pre vs post egt installation. There already is one going on. I went post just for a comfort level of doing my own install and did not want to chance wrecking anything.
Back to the main topic. I have figured out the light comes on when I stack the edge ez with the bully. It is the map sensor error I get. From talking with another source I guess this is common. I can get it to go off if I disconnect the map sensor then reconnect. Or take a hand held obd and erase the warning.

Thanks

·
Registered
852 Posts
Did not mean to skip your qusetion. Just did not want to get into a debate of pre vs post egt installation. There already is one going on. I went post just for a comfort level of doing my own install and did not want to chance wrecking anything.
Back to the main topic. I have figured out the light comes on when I stack the edge ez with the bully. It is the map sensor error I get. From talking with another source I guess this is common. I can get it to go off if I disconnect the map sensor then reconnect. Or take a hand held obd and erase the warning.

Thanks

Cool thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.