DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
636 Posts
well hell i thought it was just my truck ive tried everything and nothing has helped didnt know about the bending the frame im a big guy and id pro. overbend it knowing my luck

·
Registered MOPAR User
9,350 Posts
the wood would go between bottom of door and bottom of cab of truck, sandwiched. while sandwiched and holding bottom of door with knee, push the top of the door window frame and watch it bend (well flex).

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Dealer did this adjustment to my truck and it worked great for awhile but I noticed a few months later the adjustment made the gasket push out and tear were the door piller runs along the windshield. Noise is back not as bad as before though. I was told that they'll fix it but I have to buy the gasket. I thought I had read somewhere on here that they make a replacement weather strip/gasket thats thicker that fixed this?

·
I'd rather be riding...
613 Posts
Dealer did this adjustment to my truck and it worked great for awhile but I noticed a few months later the adjustment made the gasket push out and tear were the door piller runs along the windshield. Noise is back not as bad as before though. I was told that they'll fix it but I have to buy the gasket. I thought I had read somewhere on here that they make a replacement weather strip/gasket thats thicker that fixed this?
There's a TSB about this issue. The gasket is not thicker, it's molded differently so that the door edge misses the gasket. I've done the replacement on my truck and it's easy to do yourself. Screw paying the dealer.

·
Skid's Customz
2,020 Posts
if you dont want to adjust the latch. roll down your window, put a 4x4 wooden block between the cab and door (around the latch) and push on the top of the door. it will bend the top of the door in a bit for a better seal. ive done these to several cars and trucks and works great

·
Fathead
1,046 Posts
You have the original gasket design. The new one sits behind the door and doesn't get pinched... You can do this replacement by yourself for a fraction of the cost of the dealer.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.